Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:35 AM

Default NL 100 weird preflop spot

Playing at Mansion poker so no HH or stats. Villian in this hand is a solid regular, I have the following notes on him: Do no bluff, Always has the nuts, runs hot 24/7. These come from the fact that I have had a 4 hour session with him on 2 of my tables, he has coolered a few people and never shown down a hand that wasn't the nuts. Doesn't seem very nitty though, just running white hot.

Effective stats are 100, 45 for the shorty

Hero is dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Folds to me I raise it to 5 utg+3, folds to the button(Villian) who flat calls. BB(shorty) raises to 15. I re-raise to 35(isolation) and the button pushes, shorty calls off the rest off his stack and it is on me, 180 in the middle, 65 to call....
Old 05-23-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: NL 100 weird preflop spot

I don't think your isolation bet was enough. You probably need to push to get out button. Seems as if the button is isolating now, obviously. What did he flat call with that he is willing to push now?

I'm a little worried about both of them, but it'd be hard to fold JJ getting almost 3:1. I'm sure the correct thing to do is fold, but I don't know if I could do it. I do hate JJ, though.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 PM

I think you're most likely a 4:1 dog here vs the guy who always shows down the nuts. He most likely has QQ-AA that he planned to slow play with position preflop, but got lucky when shorty went all in from the blinds.

So, I didn't add up what's in the pot, but I'm pretty sure that you aren't getting better than 4:1 to call the $65, so I'd fold.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think your isolation bet was enough.

[/ QUOTE ]It seemed good enough to me. Villain has to call $30 with effective stacks of $100. Unless he's already ahead of JJ there's pretty much nothing he can call with.

I probably fold to push, cringe when he shows AK, and then smile when he rivers his ace.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:08 PM

I guess I'd either push after shorty's raise or fold, for precisely this reason. If I don't want to get it all-in with JJ, I guess I can just call -- if button pushes, I can fold for a lot less. If button calls, I can play my JJ for set value.

What has button flat-called with and shown down in the past? What does he usually re-raise with pre?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:39 PM

I had played with him for 4 hours and he had shown down the stone cold nuts 2-3 times and nothing else. However he was also very aggro in quite a few pots, which were never shown down. I continued playing with him and after a couple more hours would essentially clasify him as a set miner, who was running hot for a couple hours. We played three way and he tried to adjust, but lost more than 2 buy-ins on one table.