Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 04:08 AM

Default 3/6 PS Every Draw and It\'s Mom Missed

Villain is 31/11/1.63 over 65 hands.

As an aside, this is where I think I should have used W$SD stats(albeit, a small sample). I didn't have the benefit of it, so you don't either. Anyone 3-barreling this?

Bonus: Rank all 3 options available to you on the river.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: 3/6 PS Every Draw and It\'s Mom Missed

3barreling sucks. They'd both have to have busted draws and if that happens you make more by checking.

I like a call here, probably the only time I would ever do it with Khigh multiway. For raising to make sense you'd be risking 2BB to win 9BB on the hopes that button missed his draw and UTG has Ax or something and that he would have been willing to overcall that hand in the first place. Folding is my next option and may well be correct.

BTW I don't like this turn bet; you're rarely folding both players, you're probably drawing to 4 outs if that and it puts you in this type of spot if they both call.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3barreling sucks. They'd both have to have busted draws and if that happens you make more by checking.

I like a call here, probably the only time I would ever do it with Khigh multiway. For raising to make sense you'd be risking 2BB to win 9BB on the hopes that button missed his draw and UTG has Ax or something and that he would have been willing to overcall that hand in the first place. Folding is my next option and may well be correct.

BTW I don't like this turn bet; you're rarely folding both players, you're probably drawing to 4 outs if that and it puts you in this type of spot if they both call.

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to the turn, C/F &gt; B/F &gt; B/C?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 AM

i would call the river as well but I feel uneasy about calling multi-way w/ K high.

i think OOP I like a turn check but in position I like a turn bet.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 AM

c/f turn

on the river I doubt villain bluffs into 2 people here even 1 time out of 9, and to assume so without some read that not only is he bluff happy, loose and aggressive but also that hes capable of doing it in protected pot situations is probably going to have u making far too many river calls in these situations with marginal hands.

Even with that read hes probably bluffing only often enough here that calling is close, and with the potential to get overcalled by 7x or A hi I cant see a call being +EV and cr'ing to avoid the overcall and hope we have button beat or will fold a better hand doesnt seem worth the 2 bb investment into this pot.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:29 PM

I'd like to know what (if any) read you have on UTG as well. This might (big emphasis there) be one of those rare occasions where I'd think about check/raising the river with nada, but I'd really need to know that not only is Button capable of folding an ace there, but also that UTG is capable of folding...whatever he's got. Based on your limited read on Button I seriously doubt that he could beat ace kicker here, although it's relative likely he could tie it.

That's as played; I'd typically check/call the turn (depending on action), which pretty much kills any believablity that a river check/raise would have. I don't mind firing the second barrel tho, as your opponents are going to be peeling this flop with all sorts of things they wouldn't call a turn bet with.

Bonus: check/fold &gt; check/raise &gt; bet/fold &gt; check/call &gt; bet/call. Obviously depending on opponents (HU vs Button that's the order I'd go with).
Old 05-22-2007, 01:50 PM

I hate firing the turn, you are not picking up the pot and often you don't have the best hand. I c/f.

a river c/r is ballsy, but what are you supposed to be representing?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know what (if any) read you have on UTG as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Harv. Guy hadn't done anything interesting enough to warrant a note. Blame him.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:51 PM

no 3barrel.

sometimes i check the flop, intending to c/f if it goes bet, raise, call if it goes bet, call and c/r if it goes check, bet. if i think they'll fold often enough on the flop(which doesn't need to be that often) i will usually just continuation-bet, though.

on the turn i c/c or c/f. sometimes bet, sometimes don't; probably 50/50 if they peel flops pretty loosely.

on the river, c/f&gt;c/r&gt;c/c&gt;b/f&gt;b/c

edited b/c i made an oopsy