Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 07:59 AM

Default how much is too much?

5/10 6-max game, heres the line-up: UTG 32/17/1.5 semi-LAG , UTG1 38/15/.9 fish who thinks hes good, CO 28/8/.4 passive fish, Button= HERO, SB 55/12/2 fish, BB 83/64/2.9 super LAG/MANIAC. BB has done everything you'd expect from a guy with these stats and everyone at the table is playing accordingly.. crap like 3-betting 94s from the SB vs a reasonable CO raise, then betting down 94-hi on an AK7 board.

Preflop: UTG Folds, UTG1 limps, UTG2 limps, HERO limps button w/ 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB completes, BB Raises, UTG1 3-bets, CO CAPS, & EVERYONE calls.

FLOP(20SB): K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB raises, UTG1 3-bets, CO calls $3 all-in, HERO CAPS, everyone calls.

TURN18BB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB Raises, UTG1 folds, HERO 3-bet, SB calls all-in $19.50, BB CAPS, HERO calls.

RIVER(30BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets, HERO calls.

Did I put in too much action here? Yes I don't have the nuts, but also everyone is playing like total idiots with any piece due to the action the BB has created. Yes, its possible any player at this table has the nut hand, and its possible that there are 2 better sets out. Anyone like a river raise since I'm now in a side-pot with the BB/maniac?

I'll post results after I see what feedback people give.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: how much is too much?

I need to think about the whole rest of the hand some more but can the preflop call really be correct you have to make alot postflop for it to be good.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:20 AM

I cap the river for sure.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to think about the whole rest of the hand some more but can the preflop call really be correct you have to make alot postflop for it to be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is preflop ever a fold with 2 limpers already in and a maniac in the BB who increases Hero's implied odds significantly?

EDIT: Oh and I cap the river always
Old 05-27-2007, 09:16 AM

from wackjob's description I didn't really get that this guy was as crazy postflop as his preflop numbers suggested.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:31 AM

Betting 94 hi all the way is pretty much the only thing he said. That and his 2.9 AF.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:28 AM

Wj, I doubt you made much of a mistake here if one at all. On the flop we are concerned slightly with UTG+1 either holding AA/KK. I weigh those situations like 70/30 in our favor with him holding AA until he tells me otherwise. The turn I think we are going to 3-bet 95% of the player base here and is a no brainer against this maniac.

Now once he caps the turn and leads river it's hard to say if more action is necessary on your part. Your description of him are preflop maniac and foolish postflop, but not necessarily a maniac postflop. Firing three single barrels is much different then the play/aggresiveness shown in this hand.

To wrap it up. No you did not give too much action in this hand. Not enough is easily possible and this just depends on how much you really know the villian here or may not know. If completely unsure how much of a nutjob(note here a "nutjob" is much different than a "Wackjob" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])this player actually is. Than maybe raisng the river a just calling a 3-bet would be the perferct line. Which then means that niether calling or capping could be too wrong.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:08 PM

With a set, I cap all but the scariest boards vs. this guy. SN plz?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:16 PM

i think i need to cap the river because we arfe sidepotted with the moron. i think you need to cap to gain some extra value.

also what site is this where you play 5/10 and there are fish with a 83%vp$ip. i need to play there

gl nh
Old 05-27-2007, 05:45 PM

My question on all streets save the river, is not really in regards to the BB, but the other players in the pot. I'd CAP every street all day long versus just the BB, but don't forget we have 5 players seeing the flop, one gets all-in, and then we have a SB who is showing a lot of strength too. I actually fear that the BB would have 67 more than pocket KK or pocket 88 here.