Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Numbers question:
Divide the US or 10 71.43%
Combine the 'other' countries 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Heroes Deathmatch - Preliminaries

This is the seeding round, and also discussion of the tentative rules for the Heroes Deathmatch.

Heroes will battle against each other in 1 on 1 matches, with the winner advancing and the loser being eliminated. There is also the case of stalemate and mutually assured destruction. In the case of a stalemate, both Heroes advance to the next round; however, two stalemates and the Hero is eliminated. With MAD, both Heroes are eliminated.

The Heroes will be pitted against each other in a 2 square mile concrete arena with a roof approximately 500 yard overhead. They begin in the center of the arena with about 500 yards in between them. The arena is empty aside from the Heroes.

A stalemate is called after 6 hours if neither Hero is dead.

In the case of Heroes such as Peter Petrelli and Sylar, they begin with their original ability. If they make it through rounds, they are able to keep their new abilities for the next round.

Vote for your favorite Heroes now in the seeding round. Proposed changes to the rules or additions are welcomed (eg: bring in items, different arena, etc).
Old 05-18-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Heroes Deathmatch - Preliminaries

Wait, so Sylar just starts as an ordinary dude who is able to figure out how things work? Or do Peter and Sylar start out with the abilities they have on the show right now?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:45 PM

He starts out as an ordinary dude - his current powers would make him unreasonably powerful for this. He will have to get lucky in the seedings in order to make it very far. For instance, he may get the Haitian or Candice, and if he somehow pulls out a win over them, he becomes much more of a threat. Peter is able to absorb abilities during the match - we don't really know how long he takes to do this, so that will depend on the voters really.

Two additions: assume everyone has full knowledge of their ability and how to use it, and assume everyone has a killer instinct (ie. Hiro doesn't bitch out etc).

Edit: actually, I think personality should be factored in, but they are aware their opponent is trying to kill them. also, do we think there should be weapons? do they start with them, or have to run and grab them? do they get to pick their weapon, or are their just assorted items laying around?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:46 PM

Some of these people would be slaughtered. Sylar and Peter are probably screwed starting all over.

Sylar needs to luck out and start against someone without a phyiscally damaging/disabling power that he can overpower on natural strength alone. The problem is, I don't see anyone he can beat who's power would be useful against the stronger powered characters. Maybe the Haitian, but I think the Haitian would just [censored] up his mind until he was a vegetable.

Peter would have trouble depending on whether he can quickly learn to harness whatever power he absorbs. For example, can he beat Meredith Gordon before she toasts him? Looking at that list, I wondered something about the show actually...Peter has Niki's ability I'm guessing...when will it manifest itself and will it just be strength or an evil split personality? Maybe that split personailty has something to do with the explosion...hmmm.

Back to this subject, I think this might be even better if there was some sort of tag team style match. Some of these characters may be in trouble alone, but could be a great compliment to another character. Like on the show, the Haitian would be the ulitmate partner for a lot of these guys.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:01 PM

This is kind of silly because there's no way that anyone is going to beat any of the really badass power heroes. And nobody is going to beat Hiro without Hiro's personality issues that are holding him back from truely owning his power.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:04 PM

The Haitian could probably beat Hiro, as it would become a fist fight and he wouldnt stand a chance. His only option would be to try and run for the 6 hours and hope for a stalemate. Eden and Candice may be able to muster up a fight as well.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Haitian could probably beat Hiro, as it would become a fist fight and he wouldnt stand a chance. His only option would be to try and run for the 6 hours and hope for a stalemate. Eden and Candice may be able to muster up a fight as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seriously thinking the Haitian could destroy everyone. He stops their powers and then erases their brain until they are slobbering fools and then has no problem killing them. Seems too easy.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 PM

lol, I've never seen the show, but funny that someone gets "molecular manipulation" and all someone else got was lousy "persuasion".
Old 05-18-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I've never seen the show, but funny that someone gets "molecular manipulation" and all someone else got was lousy "persuasion".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the folks voting are seriously underestimating molecular manipulation. Think Magneto people.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The persuasion ability is basically mind control. It's pretty powerful. The lamest power is Molly Walker's ability to locate anyone by thinking about them.