Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Default $78 6 Man: AA Runs Into Ugly Turn Card

65/35

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t1500)
UTG (t1380)
Hero (t1400)
CO (t1760)
Button (t1480)
SB (t1480)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, SB calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t260) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, CO folds, Button calls t200, SB folds.

Turn: (t660) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero?

It sucks giving a free card to a queen or diamond draw but I really hate that turn card. If you check how big of a bet are you calling and what are your river plans?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: $78 6 Man: AA Runs Into Ugly Turn Card

The flop bet is okay, but I'd just go ahead and bet 250. I know it's not a lot more, but that flop has a lot of potential for any one of your 3 opponents (assuming you are still ahead which I think you are)....so I'd bet a little more on the flop.

On the turn, I don't think the T is that bad. If he has a Q T, you're still good and if he has a flush draw, you're likely still good. If he called your flop bet with AQ, KT, JT, then god bless him. I'd go ahead and fire heavy at this turn.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:50 PM

Why do you hate that turn card? You're still ahead of Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and way ahead of hands like QJo, which will pay off big time when you bet the turn. I lead the turn for t400 and gleefully call a push.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:57 PM

I think you're way out-thinking this hand, especially since you seem to be allergic to reads. Just bet 4/5 pot on the turn. Poker is easy.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:29 PM

I'll go with the majority here. you have a lot of straights covered with your aces and there are a ton of draws and one pair hands that are still likely for villain. I dont mind leading again and getting it in.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 PM

Downswings will cause you to post hands that might otherwise be clear, just to make sure. However, I don't think my thinking is really far off here considering there's plenty of 6 man donks who love calling raises w/ any 2 cards ten or higher, many of which now have 2 pair. There's also other hands that aren't that far behind after the turn. Thoughts?

In regards to the "allergic to reads" comment, I really don't have a lot of time to copy and paste a HH into a notepad document and type in the reads I had while playing at least 10 tables, with almost all of them being 6 mans. Moreover, I'm lazy so I usually don't end up posting the hands until a week after they happened or so, and therefore I usually don't remember any reads on the villain.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Do you have PT/PO? You can look up the stats. I do that when I post hands if I can't remember reads during the game.

And I still think here, the possibility of a flush draw should be of way more concern to you than if he 2ped up on the turn. It's like the opposite of that other hand where the flush actually got there. I don't know why you wouldn't still want to protect this on the turn.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have PT/PO? You can look up the stats. I do that when I post hands if I can't remember reads during the game.

And I still think here, the possibility of a flush draw should be of way more concern to you than if he 2ped up on the turn. It's like the opposite of that other hand where the flush actually got there. I don't know why you wouldn't still want to protect this on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have PT but it's ridiculously slow because I've played a zillion SNGs. It would probably take me at least 5-10 minutes to get his stats, which would be really frustrating.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Yeah PO would take me a minute or something.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have PT but it's ridiculously slow because I've played a zillion SNGs. It would probably take me at least 5-10 minutes to get his stats, which would be really frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed my PT getting stupid slow as well. Isn't there a way to compress everything??