Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Sixth Sense Stars upgrade problems

I recently downloaded the latest version of Sixth Sense, which now includes Stars support. The app appears to scan the Stars lobby, but it doesn't recognize any of the tables. I have the filters set to "Poker Stars" "All Games" 5/10 10/20 and 15/30 limit holdem. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone gotten it to work correctly? There isn't much discussion in the Sixth Sense forums.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Sixth Sense Stars upgrade problems

Ben has just responded to this same question at ss forum.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently downloaded the latest version of Sixth Sense, which now includes Stars support. The app appears to scan the Stars lobby, but it doesn't recognize any of the tables. I have the filters set to "Poker Stars" "All Games" 5/10 10/20 and 15/30 limit holdem. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone gotten it to work correctly? There isn't much discussion in the Sixth Sense forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did. I also thought of this. I assume you are using the PokerStars default theme (under the View/Themes menu)?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ben has just responded to this same question at ss forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thanks, he actually got up with me over email. He discovered that it was actually a bug in the new release, and just emailed me that it is now fixed and an upgrade uploaded to the site.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:46 PM

Is SixthSense expected to be removed from the PokerStars prohibited software list http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/?

or are users just taking their chances at this time?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is SixthSense expected to be removed from the PokerStars prohibited software list http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/?

or are users just taking their chances at this time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent an email to PokerStars support on May 9th asking them to move SS to the approved list. The Sixth Sense PokerStars update was designed to be in agreement with their Terms of Service. It doesn't use any server features, and gets all the data from the user's client machine (PokerStars lobby and PT database).

The fact that SS was on their prohibited list was really an error, since we didn't even have PokerStars support until 1 week ago. Perhaps they assumed we would implement PokerStars support like the other sites, which we didn't.

When I get a response back from them I'll post an update.

-Ben
Old 05-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Can someone who has tested the Stars capabilities tell me how long scans take? For example, if I'm checking the list of tables every 3 minutes or so, how often am I seeing the most updated list?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone who has tested the Stars capabilities tell me how long scans take? For example, if I'm checking the list of tables every 3 minutes or so, how often am I seeing the most updated list?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're quite understanding the way the new Stars support works. All of the processing is done on the client side, not on the server side. Server side processing and data sharing amongst users is against Stars terms and conditions.

Translation into English: the Sixth Sense program scans the Stars program on your machine, and gathers the list of tables that way. If I remember correctly, lists of active tables and players for the other supported sites (Party, Full Tilt, etc) is stored on the Sixth Sense server. Apparently this does not violate the T&C of those sites, whereas with Stars it would be a violation.

Because of this, you must manually press the "Refresh" button to get a current list of tables.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 PM

No no, I understand that everything is done client-side. I didn't know that we had to manually hit the refresh button. I wonder why they don't have it auto-refresh, but whatever. Let's say I hit refresh. Does it only take like 20 seconds to appear with the list of updated data, or do I have to wait like 6 minutes, in which case half of the data is 3 minutes old?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No no, I understand that everything is done client-side. I didn't know that we had to manually hit the refresh button. I wonder why they don't have it auto-refresh, but whatever. Let's say I hit refresh. Does it only take like 20 seconds to appear with the list of updated data, or do I have to wait like 6 minutes, in which case half of the data is 3 minutes old?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not feasible to auto-refresh because the Stars lobby has to have the focus so that Sixth Sense can generate the table list. We don't want the program stealing focus from the tables while we are involved in a hand.

How long it takes to return the data probably depends on how you have the filters set up both in Sixth Sense and in the Stars lobby. For me the whole process takes about 3-4 minutes, filtering for all 5/10 through 15/30 limit games.