Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Reactions to AC

I'm trying to understand peoples reactions when the first hear about the concept of a fully a free society and I just can't. Pretty much everyone it seems (including me) scoffs and pronounces from a position of ignorance. I myself made some very dumb high and mighty posts when I first came across it on these forums and I'm wondering why. I don't have that reaction to other theories that I hear.

If a theory is truly crazy you simply don't engage. If some toothless weird looking dude comes up to me in the street and says he lives on the moon the a straw hut with live chocoloate bunnies, I don't start listing the reasons why that's impossible,

"you see that wouldn't work because there's no oxygen on the moon and chocolate cannot be alive, please provide some proof."

Also when I hear about a theory I know nothing about but the explainer seems credible, say the first time I heard about quantum physics, I was interested and wanted to find more out rather than being dismissive. So why the reaction to AC? It happens too often to be coincidence.

Is it simply down to propaganda? Or could it be that if you find out more about AC and come to realize that the government is violence then you have to rethink a lot that you've done in your life (borodog's hypocrite issue)

This should perhaps be in psychology but I don't think they could help and I doubt the admins want the virus of AC spreading to another forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]