Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Top two in multi-way, re-raised pot

I hadn't seen either Villain around before, but tonight both are on several of my tables and have pretty reasonable stats that suggest they know what they're doing. I've probably got a slightly LAG image, particularly when it comes to open raising from late position. SB has generally let me get away with it on several tables, but this isn't the first time he's 3-bet me.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($362.50)
Hero ($980.40)
SB ($915.15)
BB ($597)
UTG ($600)
MP ($186.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $70</font>, BB calls $64, Hero calls $49.

Flop: ($210) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($210) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $150</font>, BB calls $150, Hero calls $150.

River: ($660) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $660

I felt like almost every decision point could have been played differently. Pre-flop, BB's cold call is scary, and I'm easily dominated, but I'm also in position getting good odds. Oh and suited!

Flop looks good for me, but I'm not thrilled about the kinds of hands that will be willing to play a big pot if I bet now.

On the turn, it still looks like way ahead/way behind.

I don't really envision worse hands checking the river, but do they call a shove?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Top two in multi-way, re-raised pot

you checked the flop. ok, slowplaying? um, bet the flop. that is forgivable.

what on earth are you thinking overcalling the turn like that? you really are putting one of them solidly on QQ or KK? wtf wtf wtf? jesus. raise.

river it checks to you. you say you can't envision them checking worse hands. will they call? YES PEOPLE LOVE TO CALL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE BET

my head is spinning
Old 05-16-2007, 01:18 PM

"I thought you had pocket Kings"
Old 05-16-2007, 01:22 PM

this is... really bad. all of it
Old 05-16-2007, 01:35 PM

Were you looking at your hole cards during the hand? JK

In my opinion(also known as the law).
Don't call the reraise preflop.
Bet the flop. Raise the turn. Bet the river.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:36 PM

No offense but this hand is ridiculous. I couldn't resist. I had to throw that in there.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:46 PM

plz tell me you play on party? If so, cya soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 01:55 PM

I can't see the flop being anything but awful. That's a TERRIBLE board for slow-playing, and you very well might get c/r'd by draw and get to shove over the top. Make it single suited and I still REALLY dislike checking, but I can see it if you know your opponents...I guess. I just don't see the optimal approach being anything but betting and trying to build the pot.

Turn, you HAVE to raise, and raise big, like the pot. The 4 was a perfect card for you, and you have to punish the draws now, or else you won't get any money from them when they miss the river (most of the time).

As for river, I bet, but IMO this is the least of the mistakes. You probably don't get called most of the time the way this has played out. Still, it's so likely that you're best that you really need to try to get SOME chips from the hand and throw out a bet.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop looks good for me, but I'm not thrilled about the kinds of hands that will be willing to play a big pot if I bet now.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, surely you must fold preflop? Were you hoping to flop the flush or boat?

I dont mind preflop too much. You have position and its 3 way.

I'd definitely bet flop. I'm not playing scared of QQ/KK when an opponent could easily have AK or AA.

Turn I think is a must raise as well.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:31 PM

I don't wanna pile on more hate, i'm sure you get the picture already, but i'll say it anyway.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
This probably the worst played hand posted by a regular that i've seen this year...that's how bad it is.