Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 06:23 PM

Default $100NL - Triple Barrel

Villain is 30/10 over about a hundred hands, Ive been at the table about 20 and am 23/17 so far. The plan was to bet any A, K, and cards below 7 on the river. Should I be betting hearts too if he checks the river?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $78.55
UTG+1: $252
CO: $116.50
Hero: $135.25
SB: $70
BB: $123.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.5, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($20.5, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, BB calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($48.5, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $33</font>.
Uncalled bets: $33 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $48.5
Old 05-15-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: $100NL - Triple Barrel

I guess it depends on how your player plays his TP type hands. If he is taking this kind of passive line with TP type hands or any marginal hand for that matter then betting hearts is okay in my mind. You just got to fold to any C/R (obv). But if he plays back at you with TP type hands then I think you can just check behind on the hearts. I say this becuase I think his range is more likely to include hearts if he plays back at you with his TP type hands because then that would make it less likely he is playing TP so passively this hand.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Hey,

this seems good w the info on villain

If you have history v villain and he's OK or good, this looks like a really good spot to bluff pretty much every river.
Maybe not a J or T
Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 PM

it worked, gz, also i dont like it. please correct me if i get this wrong, but when you doublebarrel a Jhi flop, its hard to represent the king when it falls. also the only hands villain will fold with are fds, and then it doesnt really matter what card you bet at - except for the hearts.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 PM

I like the fact that you have a plan for the hand (I need to work on this) I think I'd check behind on a heart river though.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:00 PM

dont think this is enough pressure to get this dude off a Jack. I think to do that we need to bet more. really.

Dont think bettin an A/K makes any sense...more likely he has them + FD than you do.

I think this (river bet) is -EV.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 PM

I like bluffing here better than just checking down and giving up because most villains fold a lot of hands here.

for one, he played the hand exactly like he was on a draw. we just have to hope one of his [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s wasn't a K, or he wasn't open ended w/KQ. i doubt he checks the riverif he hit a straight w/Q9.

he could also have called you down here w/just a T. this was a blind steal situation and him looking you up w/2nd pair is not out of the question. the river K makes it hard for him to call a 3rd barrel w/just a pair of 10s.

also, the most unlikely of scenarios is that he folds a weak J. like I said, it's unlikely, but there must be some chance he could fold a hand like J9.

[ QUOTE ]
The plan was to bet any A, K, and cards below 7 on the river. Should I be betting hearts too if he checks the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the plan to bet an A or K. however, you get looked up much more if the river was a 2 - 6.

i'm not sure about betting river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s.