Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Default The case of the ex

I know this might be a personal question but I hope I get serious answers because my friend and I have a disagreement where he claimed majority of your ex(es) “hate” you. He explained that there’s a reason why she’s your ex but I beg to differ. There are many reasons why couples don’t stay together. It might be religion, philosophy on how to live life, career advancement, parents, compatibility, or for the few of you, she XXXXX someone behind your back.

How many of you are still friends with your ex(es)? It doesn’t have to be friends in the sense that you guys often go out for drinks or talk to each other but more like acquaintances [or for a few of you, XXXX buddies]. And if you don’t have that relationship with your ex(es), do you “hate” her or does she “hate” you? Would you acknowledge her and have a small talk if you run into her at some place?

I guess the main question is if I were to ask her how are you as a person/bf, would she try to make you look good or make you look as XXXXXX as possible?

Thanks!

ED: Don't circumvent the profanity filter with silly phonetic versions or mispellings
Old 05-16-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: The case of the ex

Ive never had a longtime relationship ex, but as Ive said a million times, I take great pains to make sure that Im good terms with all of my "exes".
Old 05-16-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you “hate” her or does she “hate” you? Would you acknowledge her and have a small talk if you run into her at some place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to say that these are not mutually exclusive
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM

Of the two long term ex's of my past, I'm currently friends with one. We talk almost once a month and keep up with each other. We dated 2 years and after the break up things were extremely uncomfortable between us and we didn't talk the year after we broke up.

The other ex, I still hate, no I'm not missing quotes. She is the only person I can say I honestly hate. We dated 1 year and towards the end went bat [censored] crazy. By the end she had falsely accused me of raping her. Luckily for me I had some friends that refuted the accusation. Had they not, who knows what would've happened. Because of that, I have and will always hate her.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 PM

the profanity filter is in place for a reason.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 PM

I usually hate mine, cuz they are bitches and did some [censored] to make me want them out of my life.

Women can be [censored] scary crazy, though, so I try to avoid having them hate me too much.

So I like to stay on good terms with them, but I can't say I keep in touch with em. If she is my ex I want her out of my life so I can roll on w/ mine.

By-Tor,

[CESNORED] YOU BUDDY
Old 05-17-2007, 04:57 AM

I don't talk to any of my exes, I don't hate any of them, but I would say I dislike a few for numerous reasons. If people ask me about them, I tell it how it was, some good and some bad. If people asked them about me, then they are pretty stupid to ask an ex for a real opinion. I have no idea if they would say good or bad things or a bcombo of both, but probably a combo of both like I do.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:07 AM

I don't talk to any of my exes either but I broke up with them/they broke up with me for the simple reason that we don't get along. I've disassociated myself from former friends for the same reason. After I've left a bad situation, there's just no good reason to maintain any antagonistic feelings towards the other person but I tend to be quicker than most to just dropping people out of my life. If I run into them somewhere, I just do my best to ignore them since I really have no interest in pursuing a friendship or any other type of relationship with them. I'm sure they tell their friends that my penis is very small though.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:16 AM

I am was good friends with my only long-term girlfriend (~1.5 years). Her current boyfriend apparently saw me as a threat because we wrote comments on each other's MySpace page. She sent me a message telling me this and that she was going to block me and that she was sorry.

It kind of hurt as she treated me like [censored] for the better part of our relationship and I took it upon myself, after she dumped me and I had 'healed', to make a concerned effort to maintain some sort of a friendship. But, whatever.

I just hate being on bad terms with people I cared about at one time in my life. I'm guessing a lot of people here will tell me I am wrong for thinking like this.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am was good friends with my only long-term girlfriend (~1.5 years). Her current boyfriend apparently saw me as a threat because we wrote comments on each other's MySpace page. She sent me a message telling me this and that she was going to block me and that she was sorry.

It kind of hurt as she treated me like [censored] for the better part of our relationship and I took it upon myself, after she dumped me and I had 'healed', to make a concerned effort to maintain some sort of a friendship. But, whatever.

I just hate being on bad terms with people I cared about at one time in my life. I'm guessing a lot of people here will tell me I am wrong for thinking like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your 'wrong' as such, I just think that people will treat you like [censored] sometimes because of it, but if they do then they are [censored] anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. The myspace thing is pretty shocking though. That would be end of friendship if someone did that to me, she sounds like a pussy.