Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 06:47 PM

Default dumb hand

sorry if this really does live up to it's title.

live 8-16

Button is a strong player and solid tag. His only weakness is cold-calling a touch more than he should and occasionally pushing too hard against calling stations. He views me as tight and solid.

BB appears to be a big fish, but I haven't seen him do much more than call and cold-call a whole lot and then usually not show on the river.

It's folded to me in the CO and I raise with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I'm in the 1 seat, and so I had to lean out to see if anyone had limped - button saw me do this before I raised, so he may think that I'm raising pretty light .

Button 3-bets. BB calls 2 cold and I call.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players, 9 bets)
BB checks, I bet, CO raises, BB cold-calls, I call.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players, 7.5 BB)
I check, button bets, BB calls, I fold.

standard?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: dumb hand

I would've just ck called the flop and ck/fold the turn. On the flop u r asking to get raised, what hand does he 3 bet pre and then not raise this flop with other than 99/88?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: dumb hand

The pot odds are 9.5 to 1. You've got 9 outs to improve, none of which are guaranteed wins. There's also some chance you're ahead right now, and a substantial chance you'll get a free showdown if you call.

How AG is your TAG? You told us he's tight-aggressive and has extra reason to think you're weak - are you going to give him credit for it and take a chance that he hasn't got there yet?

Looks to me like you've got enough reasons to call.