Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Genki Sudo

For those who enjoy mixed martial arts, any combat sports, or would just like to check out this very odd but awesomely talented fighter I urge you to check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Hz4_1X7Do
Old 05-09-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Genki Sudo

While probably more appropriate in the Laughs and Links section, I do love this video and have it on my favorites.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 AM

I would really like to kick that guys ass. Its a shame thats I couldnt.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM

good video, good music. curious as to how respected this guy is by other MMA fighters or just those in the know
Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
good video, good music. curious as to how respected this guy is by other MMA fighters or just those in the know

[/ QUOTE ]

Genki was a solid fighter, his career record was 15-5-1 when he retired this past New Years Eve after winning his final fight. He beat Nate Marquardt who has a shot at the UFC middleweight title coming up (though this was back in 1999). Although he was flashy and fun to watch he was really a good fighter
Old 05-09-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Genki's pretty good (15-5-1). It's a shame he hasn't fought more well known opponents. Royler Gracie, Duane Ludwig, Butterbean and Ramon Dekkers are the only names I recognize from his fights and Dekkers, while incredible in Muay Thai in his prime, is not an MMA fighter. Neither is Butterbean.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Genki was a solid fighter, his career record was 15-5-1 when he retired this past New Years Eve after winning his final fight. He beat Nate Marquardt who has a shot at the UFC middleweight title coming up (though this was back in 1999). Although he was flashy and fun to watch he was really a good fighter

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, he is a good fighter but overrated in that he was a corporate made Japanese superstar.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, he is a good fighter but overrated in that he was a corporate made Japanese superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, against the top level guys I dont think genki would have done great (the only legit top level guy he fought was Kid and marquardt before he was in his prime). But there's not a more entertaining and interesting fighter Ive ever seen.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:59 AM

Sudo is rly rly good. Watch him match Royler Gracie's ground game and dominate him at striking in this fight
Old 05-09-2007, 04:02 AM

Boston Zak,

I think Cung Lee fights (sp?) are extremely entertaining; maybe moreso than Genki Sudo fights at times.