Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Statistics

I noticed that prior to some players posting a hand history they state the villian is a 43/12/10(not exact numbers). What do these numbers mean and where are the players getting these numbers? Are these players tracking the competition if so how can I track the competition?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Statistics

"Poker Tracker"
Old 05-11-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are these players tracking the competition if so how can I track the competition?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker. There are other, similar programs, but this is the one that most players use.

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed that prior to some players posting a hand history they state the villian is a 43/12/10(not exact numbers). What do these numbers mean and where are the players getting these numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

VP$IP/PFR/AF. VP$IP = Voluntarily Put Money Into the Pot, or how often that player either calls or raises preflop. PFR = PreFlop Raise percentage--how often that player raises preflop. AF = Aggression Factor, or how often that player bets or raises vs. calls. Most people use only postflop AF, in order to gauge how aggressively that opponent plays his hands after the flop; an AF of 2.0 means that he bets or raises twice as often as he calls.

EDIT to add: PokerTracker is obviously only for online play. You still have to track your opponents the old-fashioned way if you play brick & mortar.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:09 PM

I heard though if you have poker tracker people may be able to spy on you and see your hole cards. True or not?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard though if you have poker tracker people may be able to spy on you and see your hole cards. True or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. It's statistical tracking software. Pt's site

The micro limit forum FAQ has some good explanations of PT stats for limit.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it's true. Why do you think everyone recommends other players use it. We all have the spy software.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely true,make sure you wear your tinfoil hat when playing!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Statistics *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gigglegirl
Old 05-11-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true.
I invented Poker Tracker and I made 19 gazillion dollars playing poker using it to spy on cards.
Then I decided to be greedy and make even more money by selling Poker Tracker for $55. I have made another 2 million dollars from these sales.
However I have since lost 20 gazillion dollars since people are using Poker Tracker against me.
I know I shouldn't have gone 8 gazillion looking for that gut shot........but I had a feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]