Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Default This is the Nuts/Absolute rakeback

This question is alittle late but any feedback would be helpful. I play on Absolute signed up through TITN.

In March, I played twice as many hands as any prior month and won 3x's more money than any previous month. However, my rakeback for the month was the same as earlier months. Not exactly sure why?

Absolute changed its rakeback policy to a contributed method in Mid March so I'm sure this explains some of it. My affiliate claimed this was the reason for the less than expected rakeback but it just don't make sense. Play twice as many hands, win 3x's as much money yet collect the same rake as prior months?

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks
Old 05-04-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: This is the Nuts/Absolute rakeback

The new way of figuring out rakeback is exactly the reason. If you play tight getting 1/3 of the past amount per hand would make sense. Also keep in mind AP started deducting other things from MGR too that could affect you.

You can't go wrong with TITN but don't get me started about Absolute.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:05 PM

Why does it matter how much you won?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
because you really pay the rake only from pots you win. i.e. win more = pay more. If you play still the same TAG strategy it's very likely the opponents were looser thus you were involved in more big pots. Maybe OP supposed that bigger pots = bigger rakeback from contributed method.

Or he just wanted to show off [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
because you really pay the rake only from pots you win. i.e. win more = pay more. If you play still the same TAG strategy it's very likely the opponents were looser thus you were involved in more big pots. Maybe OP supposed that bigger pots = bigger rakeback from contributed method.

Or he just wanted to show off [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what you won is irrelevant to RB. While it's true you only pay rake when you win, contributed rakeback is calculated based on your contribution to the pot, and not just for hands you actually paid rake. There may be a small corelation to winning only because when you won more, you may have been in more pots, but I don't think many of us would find that if we won 50% more in a given month that our flops seen % or went to showdown % would have increased by anywhere near 50%.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, what you won is irrelevant to RB.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, what you won is relevant (indirectly) to RB.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think many of us would find that if we won 50% more in a given month that our flops seen % or went to showdown % would have increased by anywhere near 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]
same flop%, same showdowns%; same showdowns won%
Now you won 50% more so what happened:
- you lost smaller pots (improbable)
- you won bigger pots thus you were involved in bigger pots. Thus the rake of the hands you were involved in is bigger.

Anyway I still think OP just wanted to show off. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, what you won is irrelevant to RB.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, what you won is relevant (indirectly) to RB.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think many of us would find that if we won 50% more in a given month that our flops seen % or went to showdown % would have increased by anywhere near 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]
same flop%, same showdowns%; same showdowns won%
Now you won 50% more so what happened:
- you lost smaller pots (improbable)
- you won bigger pots thus you were involved in bigger pots. Thus the rake of the hands you were involved in is bigger.

Anyway I still think OP just wanted to show off. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes, if your showdown won % is the same, which it likely would not have been. You could simply win more of your showdowns, and then rakeback would not be affected. That was my point, I guess. You could win 50% more and have your rakeback unaffected...odds are it would be larger, but only a little bit. I think we pretty much agree, perhaps what I should have said is that what you won is irrelevant in isolation. From your first post, I had thought you believed winning and rakeback to be directly related...I see that is not the case. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It might be a brag post, but I suspect OP threw that in as something he thought should increase his rakeback, when in fact it shouldn't have much impact, IMO.

Back to the OP, it just shows how much the RB change can affect your revenue. 50% or less, as the OP experienced, seems quite plausible.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This question is alittle late but any feedback would be helpful. I play on Absolute signed up through TITN.

In March, I played twice as many hands as any prior month and won 3x's more money than any previous month. However, my rakeback for the month was the same as earlier months. Not exactly sure why?

Absolute changed its rakeback policy to a contributed method in Mid March so I'm sure this explains some of it. My affiliate claimed this was the reason for the less than expected rakeback but it just don't make sense. Play twice as many hands, win 3x's as much money yet collect the same rake as prior months?

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

3x more. congrats. good job. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you won bigger pots thus you were involved in bigger pots. Thus the rake of the hands you were involved in is bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most rakeback players, at least those producing large MGR's are playing limits where the rake is often if not always $3 each hand (or $5 for very high limits). Also a player that loses a ton is going to create the same MGR as a big winner in your scenario so your winrate is not relevent. I'm sure BBV would love to hear about your great run.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect OP threw that in as something he thought should increase his reputation, when in fact it shouldn't have much impact, dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Most rakeback players ... are playing limits

[/ QUOTE ]
duh, true. I've played limit about 2 hours so I sometimes forget it even exists.

[ QUOTE ]
Also a player that loses a ton is going to create the same MGR as a big winner

[/ QUOTE ]
If a slight winner turns into a bigger winner it has to do something with the size of the pots. Alternatively he could be more aggressive (bigger pots) or tighter (don't suppose at AP) or looser (again bigger pots).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure BBV would love to hear about your great run.

[/ QUOTE ]
my great run? I don't even understand their language. There's only one post I understand. And definetely agree [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]