Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Flop full house, fold turn. Am I weak/tight?

UTG2 is 27.36:13.60:1.99 after 647 hands. A bit LAGgish as his stats show. Has been known to limp AA and raise 77 in EP.
BB is 22.55:5.88:2.30 after 100 or so hands and seems fairly reasonable. I folded the turn here, but was this wrong? Obviously I was concerned that someone might actually have quads after the way the betting went on the flop, but it was equally possible that someone had a higher pocket pair than my fives. I also suspected an imminent check raise by BB. Was I being unduly paranoid?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds SB raises, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero ?
Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 05-04-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Flop full house, fold turn. Am I weak/tight?

Yes.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:30 PM

No.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM

Why dont you 3bet the Flop here? You got the 2nd Nuts. You are probably way ahead on the flop. Noone 3bet PF so i guess noone has JJ or higher. I doubt that someone of them has quads. I would call it down at least. The pot is huge.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:52 PM

I thought that the flop was likely to be capped whether I three bet or not, so I decided to lurk. In retrospect a raise might have made the turn decision easier. I doubt whether MP1 would try anything fancy on the turn if I 3 bet the flop. Then again, I wasn't expecting to be facing another J on the turn when I slow played. Any pair 66 or better beats my hand after that turn card appears and it is not unreasonable to fear this after the way that the flop betting went.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. One of them has a higher pair (or a fastplayed jack which is not standard at these limits i guess)
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that the flop was likely to be capped whether I three bet or not

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I also suspected an imminent check raise by BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... None of the information you provided as reads (UTG2 folded preflop, BB folded on the flop) give any hint as to why either of these plays would be likely.

[ QUOTE ]
Then again, I wasn't expecting to be facing another J on the turn when I slow played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get better at reading tea leaves.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 PM

Sorry- reads related to MP1 and SB. I seem to have misread the hand history.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:52 PM

I would 3-bet the flop if villains like their hands so much. The turn is a bad card indeed. My answer to your question is no.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you 3bet the Flop here? You got the 2nd Nuts. You are probably way ahead on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically it's third nuts J5 also beats. But I still agree with your assesment to 3bet on the flop. After the flop is capped and the turn is a J I think a fold here may be weak but it is not bad. I think I call and see what SB does, if he C/r I am done, if it's 2 to me on the river I am done, if the river is higher then a T I am done.