Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 06:57 AM

Default 200nl - AA vs kingofcards on paired board.

kingofcards runs at 19/13/2. thats only over like 500 hands or so though. is this a big enough sample for his AF?

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
4 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<u>Hero (SB): $216</u>
<u>BB: $276</u>
UTG: $186.55
BTN: $194

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $2, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, BB calls $8, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($22) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, BB calls $16

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($54) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $52</font>, Hero calls $52

<font color="black">River:</font> ($158) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets all-in for $198</font>, Hero ???

If i call that turn should i be calling river? Should my mind be made up on the turn if i am going to stack off with AA here or not?

My original plan was to stack-a-donk the turn. However when he calls the flop, and bets the K turn...it surprises me he bets so strong. yes he could have been floating me, but would somebody with a low AF like him be floating me? Maybe so because he expects me to cbet 100% of the time on this kind of board.

I didn't see what hand he could call the flop with (apart from air) that the K could have helped. I thought if i check raised all in on the turn im unlikely to get any action from medium pocket pairs anymore, and probably would get action from a K if he was floating with KQ or something.

If he did have air and the turn didn't improve his hand, then there is no value going for the stack-a-donk, and there is no point leading the river since he doesn't have a hand to call with. So i figured i might aswell induce a bluff o the river if he is bluffing, to compensate for the times he actually has a 6. And if i check the river he may feel he can value bet with KT or Kx.

If he had a medium pocket pair i dont think he calls a turn c/r or a river bet. So i thought id just c/c down.

Whats your standard line against a nitty regular like this? Do you just stack off, even though you can only really Kx that he was floating with or K10?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: 200nl - AA vs kingofcards on paired board.

bump for evening readers

ps. this is usually a hand i felt with, but coz ive been running so bad recently ive decided to re-evaluate all parts of my game right down to the basics.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 200nl - AA vs kingofcards on paired board.

You've put in almost 80 of your 216, so it's 136 more to call, and win 296. A little over 2-1. He's tight so there's not many 6's he can have.

There's a few things going on here.
1. I don't think he thinks you have as strong a hand as AA, given your post-Turn play.
2. He's gonig to be pretty sure he's value betting you with KT here.
3. I think he thinks he can take you off most hands because you became passive when the King hit the Turn.

I think it depends on how aggressive you think he is. Is he a person likely to try and push you off when he thinks your weak enough?

He either wants you to fold badly, or (thinks he) wants a call. It's a tossup. If you don't think he'd try and float/semifloat and push you off a hand then you only beat KT here.

I think I'd have to call though. (Against a tight player who wouldn't have many sixes, and who could try and push you off a hand)