Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Tough PLO High game at the Wynn

Was playing in a mixed game NL hold em / PLO High game with $200 unrestricted buyin 2 very solid players with about 4K each on my left/right. I bought in for $1200 and built up to about $1600ish playing pretty tight. The blinds are $5/$5 and the avg stack is about $1500. I had just lost a pot down to $1200

I am in 2nd position following a straddler I pop to $70 with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Solid player on left calls, an older asian lady with ~$1500 calls and the solid/aggressive straddler calls.

POT $250
FLOP
10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Check, I pot it all 3 players call

POT $1000
TURN J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, I bet $400 lady and aggressive player call
POT $2200
RIVER 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

aggressive player says pot I have ~$700 left...
I read the asian lady for a flush draw and she actually folded out of turn so I had to take some to think about what to do. I finally deduced that he had to have a hand like QJ8X and possibly boated on river he knows im not gonna fold for just $450 more and also had to worry about the lady behind me.
Whats your play?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Tough PLO High game at the Wynn

easy call
Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM

Pot on turn is $1250, no?

In any case, bet the turn much much harder.

And you're probably losing here, but I call the river anyway.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:57 PM

correct my mistake. but yes I definitly should have bet the turn much harder. After my deductions I decided to muck and he showed me J2
Old 04-29-2007, 07:59 PM

Your bet sizes are... mysterious.

So straddler is aggro, only check/called flop and turn, and still showed up with a hand that boated on the river? Also mysterious.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:01 PM

So you had less than a PSB bet left on the turn and you bet $400?

River is an easy call. You have the best hand unless he backed his way into a boat with J2.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:05 PM

hes been aggressive in hands that he is preflop raiser and also has been very good at reading hands. Usually calling out bluffs including one of mine and check calling until he is ahead. He had only lost one big pot during the session, given it was a HUGE pot. He also didnt check raise ... like ever. regarding my bet sizes I am still learning the transition from NLHE to PLO and know I probably played the hand poorly.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:22 AM

Wow you got the action and monetary information wrong on nearly all streets. First of all, there was a pot sized raise pf from the player you described as solid/aggressive. You called next in with KKQ9, that middle aged lady called on the button. Roughly 85 in the pot for the T92 two heart flop. Solid player bets pot first to act, you make a 'questionable' call, lady calls making the pot 340. Turn offsuit J, solid player checks, you bet full pot leaving yourself a tad under 400, lady calls, solid player thinks for roughly 30 seconds and calls. River 2 solid player bets pot, lady folds out of turn, and you go into serious tank/tilt, show your cards to everyone, agonize and then fold. Solid player (me) then shows you a J and a 2.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you got the action and monetary information wrong on nearly all streets. First of all, there was a pot sized raise pf from the player you described as solid/aggressive. You called next in with KKQ9, that middle aged lady called on the button. Roughly 85 in the pot for the T92 two heart flop. Solid player bets pot first to act, you make a 'questionable' call, lady calls making the pot 340. Turn offsuit J, solid player checks, you bet full pot leaving yourself a tad under 400, lady calls, solid player thinks for roughly 30 seconds and calls. River 2 solid player bets pot, lady folds out of turn, and you go into serious tank/tilt, show your cards to everyone, agonize and then fold. Solid player (me) then shows you a J and a 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love when this happens.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:50 AM

potting on this flop = horrible idea with as many callers as you got. Just creates a giant pot that your either going to get pushed out or end up paying off someone's mosnters for $$$. Your reversed implied odds are terrible. Just check and fold to any bet that doesnt look like a steal.

As played, why did you bet only 2/5ths of the pot on the turn with the nuts? Were you hoping to get raised? Your hoping in vain unless villains are idiots (which you said they werent). Dont get FPS.. just bet the full pot.

As played on river.. well its tough. Some random two pair that filled up is very likely at this point but I think you have to call given the pot odds your getting to see a showdown. Id expect to lose here at least 75% of the time though.