Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Oh no! I just hit the nut flush on the river!

No reads on UTG2. MP1 is 30:11:1 after 260 boards. He will raise any pair preflop in any position. He will raise any suited ace regardless of position or number of limpers. He is quite aggro post flop but will back down in face of aggression on a scary board eg on one hand he raised pre-flop, then capped HU on a flop of 1098 before bet/folding when a J came on the turn. SB has only played two rounds but has played almost every hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, 3 folds[/i]</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

I considered capping the flop when it was three to me, but felt that it was more flexible to call considering that I would be out of position if a brick fell on the turn.

Turn: (11.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (23.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero?

Ok, I now have the nuts flush but my hand is a lot weaker than it was on the turn. I am confident that I have SB covered, but is it MUBS to fear that Button might now have a full house given his aggression so far? Should I check here and try to get a cheap showdown?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Oh no! I just hit the nut flush on the river!

how does mp1 have an 11% pfr if he raises any pair and any suited A?

any reads on button?

it's hard to imagine button having anything but 2pair or a set given his play, but the pot is huge so i c/c one and fold for two (even though sb looks like he has a flush draw and might be stupid enough to raise with it, especially after you check).
Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 AM

You played the hand great, now check/ cry call. Your handreading seems dead on to me, button will probably have you killed here. What an ironic river card.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-30-2007, 06:18 AM

QUADS

=(

Crying call.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 AM

c/c and expect to lose.

if its 2 back to you then fold....
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Apologies for giving my read to the wrong player. The read on MP1 should have been the read on Button. I agree that the prudent course of action on the river is to check but, if you do, Button will bet and BB will check raise. Can it really be right to throw this away in such a big pot as a couple of you have suggested?
I am not worried about BB because his line screams that he has made some crappy flush draw, but Button is obviously a concern. However, he has misplayed the hand up until now whatever his holding. Even if we give him AA, should he not simply have called my check raise on the turn rather than 3 bet? The J on the turn is hardly likely to improve my hand unless it is to complete a straight since I would have bet JJ or AJ differently before and after the flop. If he doesn't appreciate this, how can we be so sure that he hasn't been getting too adventurous with a hand like AK? Don't the pot odds give us enough at least to call BB's raise?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not worried about BB because his line screams that he has made some crappy flush draw, but Button is obviously a concern. However, he has misplayed the hand up until now whatever his holding. Even if we give him AA, should he not simply have called my check raise on the turn rather than 3 bet? The J on the turn is hardly likely to improve my hand unless it is to complete a straight since I would have bet JJ or AJ differently before and after the flop. If he doesn't appreciate this, how can we be so sure that he hasn't been getting too adventurous with a hand like AK? Don't the pot odds give us enough at least to call BB's raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
If Button has AA, I don't think he overly misplayed his hand on the turn since a lot of people play AJ/JJ/QQ/33 exactly how you did and he beats those. KT really shouldn't be that big of a threat to Button either since KT made a loose peel on the flop, unless it's exactly K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which you had.

With Button being super agro, I'd be tempted to try to show this down, although I'm not fond of the prospect of calling two after a check/raise from the SB, only to be faced with two again if they both raise a second time.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 PM

does anyone raise the flop? Lots of equity here.

river is puke &amp; check for sure