Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 01:40 PM

Default ***The Official Sopranos Episode 80 Thread***

Any thoughts for tonight? The previews seem to indicate the discovery of a body at either Satriales or the Bing, some trip that sends Paulie and Tony down to Miami (or some other southern location), with some possible friction between Tony and Paulie, something about junior in a poker game, and an argument about taking safety precautions between Tony and Carm.

These first two episodes have been solid but not out of sight in my opinion. I did love the ending in this last episode though.

Any predictions for tonight?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: ***The Official Sopranos Episode 80 Thread***

Im just looking forward to Paulie and Junior actually getting some quality screen time. It is almost like Chianese is just a guest star anymore, which is a shame.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:01 PM

i thought last weeks ep was one of the best of the entire series. i'm super excited for tonight.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:02 PM

The Paulie and Junior stories tonight don't seem to have anywhere to go. The overall story arc wasn't advanced much and that's a dissapointment.

It's good to see Phil Leotardo taking control in New York.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im just looking forward to Paulie and Junior actually getting some quality screen time. It is almost like Chianese is just a guest star anymore, which is a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

big fan of Junior's performance this episode
Old 04-22-2007, 10:05 PM

The boat scene was great tension. You really didn't know if he was going to do it or not.

Too much with the asian kid and not enough on the power struggle in New York. It went right from Phil getting pushed around at the dinner table to Doc getting wacked. A little more development there would have been good.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:19 PM

i thought it was decent, but not great. love what happened in new york, and i loved the scene on the boat, even though i knew it wasn't going to happen.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Paulie and Junior stories tonight don't seem to have anywhere to go. The overall story arc wasn't advanced much and that's a dissapointment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about Junior. I guess there just isnt a whole lot left to do with his character given the situation he is in. Nice that they let him be one of the leads once more since he is a fan favorite as well as a fantastic actor.

I disagree with you about the Paulie storyline though. Doubt is beginning to creep into Tony's mind about whether he'd be able to count on Paulie if he was facing a long prison stint. He obviously talks a lot more than Tony likes and he seems genuinely concerned that Paulie might even let something incriminating slip accidentally, like he nearly did at dinner with those girls. Tony has been seemingly irritated at Paulie constantly over the past few seasons for all kinds of things and now with the concern Paulie might be a liabilty, Tony realizes it may be better to be safe than sorry in this case. On the boat you could see that he was seriously considering something drastic.

I fear Paulie might not be long for the world.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:27 PM

Good episode, obviously not as good as the last one though. Tony's [censored] was hot.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:33 PM

Another great episode. I enjoyed the Junior storyline much more than the rest. This show has been on a roll since coming back from break.