Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Post your semi realistic dream draft here

Rules are simple- take your favorite team and who you want to see them draft this year, go as deep as you want and feel free to mix in some trades, but try to keep it semi realistic (ie no drafting CJ with the 10th pick and then Thomas with your second round pick because they was a bogus rumor they were involved in a columbian drug cartel together in the offseason ans would be arested for drug/murder charges).

Cleveland Browns.
1st round 3rd pick. Joe Thomas. E
very year our O line sucks, but with Steinbach signed drafting Thomas could turn last years subpar line into an above average line, giving us a chance to see if a Fry is a NFL QB or not.

2nd round 36th pick: Micheal Bush
If you want to go for a high risk/high reward RB this is the guy. Without his broken leg hes a top ten pick this year and if hes still there early in the second round I'd like to see the browns take him and have him split time with Anderson his rookie year.

3rd round #67
Anthony Gonzales: WR.
Goddamn its so hard not to pick offensive players for the Browns every chance you get. Years of Dennis "Please cut" Northcut finally over with lets get a guy with hands and speed instead of neither. Having Edwards and Winslow already drawing heavy coverage he can duplicate his tOSU days where he continually found the holes left by the attention paid to Ginn.

4th round #103
Troy Smith QB
Well I keep seeing this guy drop into the 4th round in mock drafts because of his lousy national championship game play. Can you say you would have played any better after six weeks of nailing every white girl in Ohio and no football? Hes still a smart, accurate passer with enough legs to create when he needs to, a great winning percentage, an improved attitude during his college years and at least 2" taller than Doug Flutie. He could be used as a Slash player the way Kordell did for a few years or be given the reins if Frye can't succeed with an improved Oline, running game and WR options.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Post your semi realistic dream draft here

Jacksonville Jaguars

1st round: Darrelle Revis CB.
Jaguars #2 defense can now become a #1 defense. Deon Grant left the Jaguars, Brian Williams can move to the FS position and Revis can come it and compliment All Pro CB Rashean Mathis.

2nd Round: Tim Crowder DE.
With injuries last year and now a RFA dispute I feel that need might finally take precedent in the Jags front office and Tim Crowder will be a "needs" pick if it happens.

3rd Round: Kevin Kolb QB.
The Jaguars will address QB on the first day. If they don't do it I'm almost willing to put $100 on them picking Leak on Day 2 if he is avaible in Rd 6/7. I doubt they pass up on Kolb if he is there.

4th Round Travarous Bain CB.
He could be a heck of a sleeper pick. Comes from 1AA Hampton and most likely will be BAP.

5th Round Chansi Stuckey WR.
Another WR, hopefully a playmaker. Jaguars need all the help at WR they can get and a late round pick that could help them would be huge.

6th Round Jay Alford DT.
Adding depth to the DL that had some injuries last year and had little drop off. Del Rio loves depth and loves DT's that can play. Alford may not be a huge talent but there is upside here.

7th Round Adam Podlesh P.
There is going to be an opening at punter. Competition is the name of the game.

Compensatory #1 Garret Wolfe RB.
Best Available Player.

Compensatory #2 Jimmy Terwilliger QB.
A DII QB. Did what only 2 other QB's had done and will be known as possibly the greatest D2 QB ever. Might be a WR due to tremendous speed but holds many passing records and has a strong arm.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:00 PM

Not bad but 2nd round is a reach for Bush I think considering he is probably still not healthy enough to play.

I'm doing 2, Vikings and Cards:
I want the Vikings to trade up to #2 to snag CJ after the Raiders pass on him! Since that is against the rules:

Brady Quinn, LaRon Landry or Amobi Okoye in the 1st...
Joe Staley in the 2nd.
John Beck in the 3rd.
Chris Henry in the 4th.
Tarell Brown (or another good run defending CB) in the 5th
Justin Hickman in the 6th
Garrett Wolfe in the 7th

Cards:
Joe Thomas in the 1st
Anthony Spencer in the 2nd
Aaron Rouse in the 3rd
Quincy Black in the 4th
Yamon Figurs in the 5th
Courtney Brown in the 6th
Walter Thomas in the 7th [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 08:08 PM

Chiefs: Trade all the draft picks away for declining veterans, proceed to pay them more than they are worth.

That's what we do in free agency, might as well do it in the draft!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM

Like the thread idea.

Lance Briggs & the 31st pick to San Fran for Justin Smiley & the 11th pick would make my Saturday, but I'll make mine assuming no trades.

Bears

#31-Justin Harrell, DT, Tennesse-Alfonso Boone is gone, Ian Scott is probably not being re-signed and who knows what kind of shape Tank Johnson will be in after months in jail and if a suspension is looming. Harrell is vastly underated due to his injury and could easily be BPA at this point.

#37-Justin Blalock, G/T, Texas-The O-Line has been old and thin for a few years now. Assuming Briggs isn't traded to the 9ers for Justin Smiley, O-Line is the Bears biggest need. I actually prefer Blalock to Ben Grubbs, who seems to be the consensus Bears first rounder.

#94-Aaroun Rouse, S/LB, Virginia Tech-Rouse is a LB turned safety at Virginia Tech. He has the speed and athletic ability that should turn into a successfull weak side LB in the Tampa 2. I would be happier if the Bears traded up for Quincy Black or Rufus Alexander but don't see them still on the board at 94 and would be content with Rouse.

#130-Brandon Jackson, RB, Nebraska- Another guy who fell a little due to injuries. With the Thomas Jones trade the Bears are in need of a #3 RB. Cedric Benson has a lot of tread on his wheels for a young player and has already suffered 2 injuries. The Bears need additional insurance behind the very capable Adrian Peterson (the Bears AP not Oklahoma's).

#168-Michael Allan, TE, Whitworth - Well built, athletic TE that opened eyes with a good combine. Will take time to adjust to NFL speed, but is a good project. Desmond Clark had a good 2006 so TE is not an immediate need.

#221-Marcus Paschal, S, Iowa - With the departure of Cameron Worrell & Todd Johnson, the Bears will need to find new special teams contributers. Paschal should be able to help fill these voids and has played free and strong safety at Iowa.

#241-David Ball, WR, New Hampshire - His 300+ catches and 50+ TD's prove he can go up and catch the ball. Lacks NFL speed and strength but with has great hands and work ethic could become a possesion reciever. After Muhammad, the Bears don't have a WR with great hands.

After the last few drafts, I've given Jerry Angelo the benefit of the doubt and will accept what he does.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jacksonville Jaguars

1st round: Darrelle Revis CB

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd rather have Revis than Reggie Nelson?

I think Garret Wolfe is long gone by the 7th. Yes, he had the injury and nobody knows if he can return kicks, but he's such an explosive pounding runner for such a small back.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Joe Staley in the 2nd.
John Beck in the 3rd.
Chris Henry in the 4th.
Garrett Wolfe in the 7th

Cards:
Joe Thomas in the 1st
Aaron Rouse in the 3rd
Quincy Black in the 4th
Yamon Figurs in the 5th

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Bears pass on Joe Staley in the 1st & Quincy Black in the 3rd I'll be very unhappy. I would've had either one in my draft but assumed both would be gone. Your Cards did take Aaron Rouse earlier than I had him going to the Bears.

John Beck is a stud and Yamon Figurs can fly.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 PM

ugh, I can pick 3-4 guys at each spot and not be upset but I'm going to man up and pick one.

Jets, obv.

#25--Anthony Spenser, OLB?DE, effin Purdue (Go Badgers!)) The best pass D is a pass rush and this kid looks great. Notable exception, Blalock. The best thing for D is to not be on the field, hence, run the ball all the times.

#59, Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland.

#63 Josh Beekman, OG, BC (Obv I'm going with the Spenser pick...)

#89- Michael Bush or Brian Leonard. Me likey both.

I know less about the lower rounds....
Old 04-26-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not bad but 2nd round is a reach for Bush I think considering he is probably still not healthy enough to play.

I'm doing 2, Vikings and Cards:
I want the Vikings to trade up to #2 to snag CJ after the Raiders pass on him! Since that is against the rules:

Joe Staley in the 2nd.
John Beck in the 3rd.
Chris Henry in the 4th.
Garrett Wolfe in the 7th

Cards:
Joe Thomas in the 1st
Aaron Rouse in the 3rd
Quincy Black in the 4th
Yamon Figurs in the 5th

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:34 PM

mblax,

The Nelson, Revis thing right now is a coinflip. The reason I chose Revis is due to the situation I had written out. Brian Williams at free safety and Revis at CB seems to be a better option than Williams at CB and Nelson at FS. Would I be upset with either? Not at all. I just get the feeling the Jaguars defense would overall be better with Revis than Nelson, but it is damn close right now.

The one pick I am afraid of is Jamaall Anderson. It seems to be the pick that alot of people have the Jaguars taking, which such a deep draft at DE and the Jaguars already having two very good DE's I don't want them to take Anderson so that McCray's hand isn't forced. Not to mention I feel like Nelson/Revis are much safer picks.