Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Default 10NL: JJ against unknown

Only had 4 hands on the villian UTG. SB was about 28/10 over 20ish hands.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $10.30
BB: $16.65
UTG: $10.25
CO: $19.60
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $10.15</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.70, BB folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $1.30</font>, Hero calls $0.55, SB calls $0.55

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero???
Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: 10NL: JJ against unknown

how often is he minraising? to be honest it looks like QQ+, I think I'd have to fold the flop without hitting a jack.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how often is he minraising?

[/ QUOTE ] No idea. This was my first orbit with him.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Despite being a bad play i see wayyyyyy too many people at micros min raising big pairs preflop, and betting big on the flop.

I see that he min raised twice. I don't think jacks are ahead here that often, but 10nl plays so weird it's almost impossible to predict the plays there and that makes it tough to fold a hand like this. Sometimes, I'd just sit down and face a min reraise and fold thinking he has a very strong hand, just to see that he's min raising every other hand onwards.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:36 PM

strong bet on the flop...seems like an overpair or AK...AK would be the best for you!

i think u should have raised more PF.
In those cases I try about 1$-1.20$.
If he has a hand he calls and bets the flop like he does, if not u can take the pot wit u.
and dont forget its FT [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
havent seen a lot player check-raising there but calling down with crap an hittin.

best think would be a fold...it`s the safest way to avoid much more trouble in that hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Here's a really helpful general rule:

<font color="blue">Until proven otherwise, bets mean what they say.</font>

Without reads, assume weak bets are weak, strong bets are strong, raises are strong, leads are strong, checks are weak, check-raises are very strong, etc.

This guy raised and then four-bet preflop. He then led the flop for 3/4ths pot (and 30 BBs). Get out while you can, because your JJ is crap. Sure, he might be a super-loose imbecile who raises ATC and plays fast and stupid, but he might be Tighty McTighterson who's got AA. Until you know for sure, you save MUCH more money by trusting his bets. If he's an ultralag you'll have PLENTY more opportunities to get all of his money, and if he's a nit you save your stack.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM

Well, then I should have folded. I made a stupid tilt play because I was down a card dead today and pushed while he called with Q5o. Other guy folded. Got lucky he didn't have me beat and I stacked him. Really should have folded and usually do, but JJ looked good cause I was so card dead. I guess it's crap like this that can start a downswing.