Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Party Poker currency choice?

I think i remember seeing something about being able to have your funds in whatever currency you desire. I couldn't retrieve the thread using the search function, so i created this one. With the US dollar going nowhere but down, i really would like to see if there are alternatives, thanks.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Party Poker currency choice?

Also interested in this.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i remember seeing something about being able to have your funds in whatever currency you desire. I couldn't retrieve the thread using the search function, so i created this one. With the US dollar going nowhere but down, i really would like to see if there are alternatives, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Canadian, I would think this would only be useful if you plan on using some of your bankroll to play Party, and only Party. I go back and forth with different sites, so this would just cost me $$ in exchange rates.

If you DO plan on using this money only for Party, then it seems like a no-brainer...just find out from Party if you can do it, and go for it!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 AM

In your party account you can change it to your home currency. If you just play on party, then I figure its worth keeping your roll in home currency. You will get hit on the currency conversion once, but after that you won't be.

If you are transferring between multiple sites, best to stick with USD.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM

stigmata, how do you do this?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:41 AM

Ok so im a bit slow in the head. I only play party and I never deposit (I guess except reloads). Would changing my currency help me in some way?

Can someone also explain how this works, when I sit at a table would it just convert the funds for me? (If so based on what?)
Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Currency conversion fees definitely suck. But I think the U.S. dollar going down by so much against the Canadian dollar has hurt me much more. I've lost like 10% already. I'm Canadian but every day I keep hoping for the U.S. dollar to rise, which is f***ed up. If the Canadian dollar reaches parity with the U.S. dollar, I am going to vomit.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: currency

US $ dropping sucks.
The first Paradise cheque I took to the bank paid C$1.54 exchange rate.
30% less now...it's like paying TAXES!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:11 AM

teh_mewse,

Click on "my_account" so that it brings up your account in a browser window. Click "Your Profile" at the top. Then click the icon next to "Account Currency"

PatInTheHat,

It's not neccessarily that great per-se. It just means that the money you keep in party wont be subject to variance due to currency fluctuation. When you sit at a table, it converts the appropriate amoun to USD, then when you leave it converts it back to GBP (at exactly the same rate).

Essentially, if the USD continues to fall this year, you won't lose any money kept in party. Instead, you will essentially be playing slightly lower stakes.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:37 AM

If USD rises though wouldn't I loose money? Basically by converting now id be taking a gamble that the US dollar will continue to go down?

If thats the case whats everyones thoughts on this?