Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Heads up AJQQ vs LAG : 25PLO

I've played with villain before and we've been playing heads up for about 15 minutes. He's incredibly loose, overvalues hands, and sometimes makes moves (this applies to 6max games as well). His preflop raise range is HUGE.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $52.70
BB: $33.20

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB calls $3.25 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $6.75)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $27.5</font>.
Hero ?

I know to some this looks like an obvious fold, but villain has made moves like this in the past with complete air + weak holdings. We do have a history and we have both bluffed each other out of pots and also shown down legitimate hands.

His re-raise preflop range for 6max includes any 4 cards that are double suited, any 4 cards that are somehow connected (including small gaps), any pair + one suited, and the standard AAxx and 4 face cards ect.

Villain has made this move in the past with a naked top pair, straight draw, bottom two, and other weak holdings. However, i've also seen him show down legitimate hands after making raises like this. Therefore, in my mind, this is a tough hand to play.

One of my biggest weaknesses in my game is reraising preflop and having the board come all dry undercards. I can't pretend like I have a hand aside from an overpair, and my opponent most certainly knows that 90% of the time i did not connect with this type of flop. Any idea on how to handle situations like this?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Heads up AJQQ vs LAG : 25PLO

instamuck stop 4betting less than premium hands vs lags who will not fold and will put u in difficult spots on every flop u dont hit a set or a wrap draw etcccccc