Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Parlay

Note villain is directly right of me. He's 55/20/2 over 65 hands.

A little earlier he open completed his SB and I raised. He then check called a KQ5 flop, check raised a J turn, and check folded a blank river.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font> (he didn't have to think much here before raising, it was pretty fluid)

Does he:

A) get to the river with bluffing hands and
B) bluff raise the river after that turn

often enough for me to call here? And should I check the turn or river?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Parlay

Against a spassy donk I pay of here always. Dont know if that is a leak tho.

He is prolly peeling the flop with any2. He is peeling the turn with 86, 96, 98, 4x and 3x. Finally this is a completely retarded play by 7x, 2x and low pp's every once in a while.

Oh, I like betting the turn to induce a bluff raise more than checking. Seems to me I get bluff raised more often than they bet when checked to.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:35 AM

I'm going to say that vs this guy I think I c/c the river. I think he's aggressive enough to bet with a low pp or a 7 but I don't think he's calling more than 50% of the time when you have him beat. The only reason to check the turn is to induce him to start betting, right? I just don't like giving more free cards to beat you, although with this guy, he's probably not taking a free card anyway so maybe a turn check it in order.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:38 AM

FWIW, I don't think I pay off here. I know he plays 1/2 of his hands but do you really think he's playing 86, 96, and K4/3 here after a pf raise? I guess maybe but a bluff raise? Maybe I'm the one spewing.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:10 AM

I'd def. check that river. If I were to bet it'd partially be to induce a bluff raise so i'd never b/f vs. this player.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 AM

I probably check/call the river.

But as played, I think you should call his river raise. Giver your earlier hand together, this is not the type of player that you want to show that you can fold for one more bet. He may start to get real tricky. If he thinks you are a calling station, he will get easier to play against - in my opinion.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd def. check that river. If I were to bet it'd partially be to induce a bluff raise so i'd never b/f vs. this player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-25-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably check/call the river.

But as played, I think you should call his river raise. Giver your earlier hand together, this is not the type of player that you want to show that you can fold for one more bet. He may start to get real tricky. If he thinks you are a calling station, he will get easier to play against - in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]Yup. Though depending on how spazzy he is, B/C might be better. Whatever you do, don't fold.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Against this guy I would either check/call the turn and river or bet/call the turn with the intention of calling a river bet. If I had bet the turn and he called, I prefer check/calling the river becuz this guy looks like the type that will bet with more hands than he will call with on the river.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM

I bet call though I like c/c. You think a LAG would nearly always raise top pair, sometimes/often raise middle pair, and not often raise lower pairs. That leaves a pair of twos, a draw and less often but likely a pair of 5's. Against 2/3 of those likely possibilities, you should make a c/c.