I check call $300

turn

Kd

check/check

River

10d

I bet $600, CO raises to $1300

Why wouldn't KKK or KT bet this turn?

CO probably isn't a great omaha player. Good PLHE player though.

fwiw I c/c the flop b/c I've found that I don't get action from hands I'm killing hardly ever in that spot, and when I do get action it's often a better hand.

the only info i have on him is when he played 3-4-4-6 UTG and c/r a 3-way flop of 4-5-8 and got it in vs. 5567, and he was about 120 BB's deep.

so i assume in that pot he was thinking i have a set and a double gutter so push.

the purpose of the river bet is to get called by a flush, fwiw.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: strange spot

Um, checkraise the flop???

On the river, I'd go allin. I don't believe anyone would ever check the turn with KK or KT.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:50 AM

i dont understand why no CR on the flop? any higher card apart from a J starts to leave your hand exposed, any lower card isnt going to increase your chances of getting action in this hand. as played i think you are going to see A10 fairly often here - if you see K10/KK rememebr to raise flop next time
Old 04-23-2007, 04:53 AM

Just raise the flop. Might as well scare of his AA as your out of position and your implied odds arent as good going to future streets. I also like betting into him on the turn.

As played I think calling (dont push as he wont call unless he has you beat) is the right move. I think your hand is good most of the time here.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:32 PM

I dont understand your logic for not c/r then flop. I mean you say you get less action from hands you cruch but he'll have to double barrel alot to make it worth while. Even if he re-raises your c/r you have enough of a hand to carry on

As even one has said I'd have c/r raised the flop and then deffo bet the turn if I c/r

I'd shove the river though. I think you're good here enough times to warrant the shove. He'll almost be forced into calling with lesser hands due to the fact he'll be getting better than 4-1 on his money and should pay you off. If he has played KK/KT that way (which isnt likely) then so be it
Old 04-23-2007, 05:15 PM

tx, given his 4ball preflop, you gotta c/r the flop here imo. I honestly think he's got AA w/diamonds most of the time here. AAQJ or some other turned broadway most of the rest. KT probably checks this turn though, and that's obv not a good hand to be against here.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, checkraise the flop???

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Raising here will make your later streets SO MUCH EASIER.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:59 PM

As everyone has said, I agree on raising the flop. If your assumption about the player being a good PLHE player is true, then I think he would be able to understand that making a smallish bet on the turn with KT/KKxx hoping to get called and force you into calling a bet on the river with a wider range of hands would be pretty apparent. Given the pf action, I'd say he's got AAxx, maybe with diamonds, and he's actually betting his hand for value and not realizing at all how huge you are here. If he's got KKxx then nh sir, but I think you have to get your stack in here all day.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:39 PM

A lot of folk seem to be suggesting the push on the river...do you really think he calls it? Most big bet players, eventually, will go through a thought process that will make them release a losing hand on this river, considering the action, even if it is 4 to 1. I mean when a guy, who has been dead in the hand, bets out and then goes allin when raised...do you put him on a bluff here? The arguement that its X to 1 therefore he must call seems a little thin here *unless* there is something Tx isn't telling us. I reckon he only calls if he wins.

gl

bdd
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you really think he calls it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep