Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Rotisserie Trade Advice Needed

A few posts pointing me in the right direction would be apprecaited. I'm in a 10-team AL only 4x4 league. I'm hurting big time in ERA and WHIP. I've probably got too many starting pitchers, so I'm fine on wins, and it's probably hurting my ERA and WHIP. I've been offered the following deals. I obviously can't make them both, as they include a common player.

Deal 1: I trade Ervin Santana, Mike Piazza, and Reggie Sanders for Scot Shields, Kelly Shoppach, and Adam Lind. Shields should have my ERA and WHIP, while hopefully not sacrificing too many wins, and possibly picking me up some saves. I have BJ Ryan on the DL.

Deal 2: I trade Mike Piazza, Aubrey Huff and Jarod Washburn for Jason LaRue, Kevin Youklis and either Bartolo Colon or Scott Kazmir.

Deal one, I'm giving up some power numbers in Piazza, but could be getting them back with Lind, depending on how much he plays this year. Deal two, I'm giving up a lot of power, and really not getting much back. But Youk should help my AVG, no? I'm a little lacking there, though I think a lot of my hitters have underperformed to this point.

As far as keeper potential, In deal one, I'm trading away a keeper prospect in Santana (one more year on his rookie deal), but gaining a keeper in Adam Lind (3 more years on his rookie contract). Both are only $5. In deal two, I'd be losing Kazmir after this year, but would have Colon for at least 2 more years after this one at only $4.

I'm struggling with this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jay
Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Rotisserie Trade Advice Needed

Deal two is far better than deal one. Kazmir is an up and coming stud, Colon is solid and LaRue is hot.

Go with two.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM

can your offense handle losing piazza's production? youkilis won't give you much, probably .270/15/75 ish, but its a pretty huge pitching upgrade (with either colon or kazmir)
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can your offense handle losing piazza's production? youkilis won't give you much, probably .270/15/75 ish, but its a pretty huge pitching upgrade (with either colon or kazmir)

[/ QUOTE ]
The way I see it, I'm losing about 22 HR and 70 RBI giving up Huff and Piazza in exchange for Youklis and LaRue for the rest of the year. I do feel pretty good about my offense, but right now they're grossly underperforming. I did just add Julio Lugo and Melvin Mora in a deal last week for Shealy and Aybar. That guy had zero chance of winning this year, and made the trade for keeper value.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM

Deal 1 is absolutely terrible in my opinion. Santana is a stud at home and Shields isn't all that valuable in a league without holds. You can pick up someone like Broxton, Turnbow, Linebrink, Aardsma, etc. from the waiver-wire who does similar things. I think this is terrible even if you have a stud catcher like McCann that allows you to deal Piazza freely.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Deal 1 is absolutely terrible in my opinion. Santana is a stud at home and Shields isn't all that valuable in a league without holds. You can pick up someone like Broxton, Turnbow, Linebrink, Aardsma, etc. from the waiver-wire who does similar things. I think this is terrible even if you have a stud catcher like McCann that allows you to deal Piazza freely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. As stated in the OP, this league is AL only. The only pitcher listed above in that pool is Aardsma, and he's already rostered.