Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 03:24 AM

Default PLO200 - middle set/flush draw facing pot size reraise on turn

Only been at the table for about half an hour. Started off pretty tight but the last few orbits have seen 3 or 4 to the flop for $6 with a pot sized bet usually taking it down after. A couple players stacked off with nut flush draw/big wrap hands over the last 10 hands or so.

Pot Limit Omaha 6 max
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $194.70
Button: $285.90
hero: $210.35
BB: $192.55

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $6</font>, Button calls, hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20, 3 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $12</font>, Button folds, hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($44, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $102</font>.

How bad is my play on this? Raise pre flop/flop? I had been picking up a lot of pots on the turn by betting half the pot when a scare card hit and I had live draws. The 7 of spades isn't exactly a scare card so not sure if this is of any importance. The last two times I tried this I ended up having to show down my busted draws. When he re raised all I could think of is that I wished I had raised the flop. I did not want to give a free card in case he was drawing to a straight or the nut flush but I know hes most likely not laying down the nut flush draw for $20. I was thinking if he had a lower set or 2 pair he might call me down if another spade doesn't hit. Does anyone re pot here? The fact that the turn was a spade makes me consider getting it all in. Am I crazy or is this a clear lay down? How often does he have to have KK here in order to give it up?