Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Can I pull this off?

So I'm thinking about changing my flight to vegas to arrive at 10:40 AM on thursday May 17th, so that I can take a cab to my hotel (super 8 on the strip), check in, drop my [censored], and then take a cab to ceasars to play the noon tourney. Can I pull this off? Thoughts?

When I was in vegas last July the Ceasars tourney had a massive line and you had to get there kinda early to sign in b/c they would cap how many could play. Does this still happen?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Can I pull this off?

Mebby. Getting out of the airport can be a hassel. Def take the cab, jitneys and such can take forever. Scope the taxi stand out before you get your bags (which will delay you as they travel to the pick up area) so you know where to run to.

With time this short take the cab directly to C's and have the bellhops hold your bags till after the tourny.

I played the daily donkament at Balleys on that trip, they limited to 60 players, filled up shortly before the 11AM start time.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played the daily donkament at Balleys on that trip, they limited to 60 players, filled up shortly before the 11AM start time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Yeah I don't plan on checking my bags.

Can you be more specific about who to go to for them to hold my bags?

I thought about doing that as well, and I think actually would make the most sense as then I can wait for my friend to get there and we can check into our room together.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM

You need to only have carry on bags. I would put your odds at 50/50 in getting to Ceasars in time.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:46 PM

Yeah, only carry on bags and go directly to Caesars. Only way you'll possibly make it, and its not a lock.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 PM

Is it possible to sign up over the phone by giving your credit card number or something?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 PM

and remember you can skip the cab line by greasing your way to the front. You HAVE to do this to have any shot of getting there. Helps to tell the cabby he's getting a fat tip if he gets you there on time. gogogogoog
Old 05-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Here's my $.02:

-carry on luggage (which you said you're doing)
-go straight to CP from airport in the cab. I wouldn't think line would be bad at 10:40am on a Thur. 10 minutes or so.
-go straight to poker room with your bag (hopefully you don't need to change clothes).
-ask the someone at the poker brush (counter at CP) if they can hold your bag. Make sure to give a couple bucks on dropping off your bag & picking up.

I had them hold my bag when leaving in March. They had no problem (normal sized roller bag) putting it behind the counter.

As long as you travel like a normal guy to Vegas (light or average), shouldn't have an issue.

I predict you'll be in the room & registered by 11:40 with time to take a leak and check out the room. GL!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:34 PM

You guys are basically saying an hour isn't enough time for a cab ride from the airport. Which is fine, but is that because the tourney will fill up before 12? How have the lines been lately?

Also, who/where do I go to leave my bag? Can I just ask someone to hold on to it behind the poker desk or something?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:41 PM

The Venetian's poker room staff was very accommodating when I asked them to hold on to my two small bags between check-out and my flight. They just put it in some office behind the cashier. I would imagine the poker room staff at Caesar's would do the same or find another solution.