Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Vegas Trip Report (some poker, but more drunken revelry), Part I

Spent the weekend in Vegas with some college buddies a few weeks ago. Since they don't play so much poker, the trip (and report) are a little light on poker. But, since I had some time at the beginning, that's where the poker is in the report. Afterwards, it's mostly just abut having an awesome time in Vegas.

Arrive in town Thurs. night, but my friends aren't getting in until friday. We're staying at the Bellagio. I head down and get myself on the 2/5 - had to wait about 30 minutes at midnight. Table seems pretty soft. A couple hands of note:

1. In LP, limp with 67s. 6 players to the flop. Flop comes QJ6 rainbow. EP bets out 20. Everyone calls. I'm priced in. Turn is a rag. Checked around to the player before me, who just seems weak. He bets, I raise, everyone folds.

2. Holding J6 in the bb, 6 or so players limp, I get in for free. Flop comes K66. I check, EP leads out for 30 or so, everyone calls. Flop is a rag, EP leads out for $100, MP goes all in for about $250, I go all in for about $500. EP has me covered. Thinks for a while, then folds. MP's AK no good.

I played another 45 minutes or so, but was exhausted. Left after 1.5 hours, up about $500.

(light on poker)

Friday my buddies show up. We roam around the trip, head to Caesar's for lunch at the Palms, get a bottle of wine. Hey, it's Vegas. We head over to O'Sheas for a little $5 craps and end up in a 1-2NL for a little while. It's pretty boring and surprisingly tight, so we decide to move to craps. We get on a roll and end up cashing out for about $300 each.

End up being a bit rushed to get back to Bellagio to change before heading over to the MGM for Ka. Ka was a really cool show. sweet.

One of my buddies wants to hit up spearmint rhino after the show, but we decide 11 is a little early to head over. Stop in at L'atelier de Joel Robuchon (more casual place right next to the more formal Joel Robuchon) for a snack and a few drinks. Food was excellent, but service was a bit spotty.

Play a little BJ and then head over to Spearmint Rhino. Spearmint Rhino was hopping - lots of hot girls, nice - friendly, but not too aggressive, generally (with one exception - we'll get to that). Definitely knew how to take no for an answer. We end up chilling for a while by one of the stage, doing shots and just scoping out the scene. We each get a couple lap dances and then the real fun begins. One of my friends heads off with a hot Brunette for a while. I'm standing around with another buddy and this hot blond comes over, grabs my crotch and asks if I want a dance. I was already not in much position to refuse and then she tells me she gives some of the naughtiest dances in the place. We head off, leaving one of my friends (who was probably most shy about being there) alone, and head into one of the back rooms. She sits me down and tells me it's $100 for 3 dances or $200 for a half hour. She's hot and the gambooling is going good so I go for the half hour. I won't get too graphic, since I'm not sure what the mods will allow, but it was well worth it. about 45 minutes later i'm walking around looking for my buddy and i get a text from him, wondering where I've been. I find him with another friend, talking with two strippers. The other buddy heads off with one and my friend who still hasn't been in a back room and is a little shy is getting mauled by this other stripper, but he's not having any of it. I figure what the hell, slip her a benjamin and tell her to show him a good time. End result: he said he wasn't as excited by the feel of silicone. 'nuf said.

gotta run for now, but I'll try to post part II soon, if people are interested.