Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Simple turn decision NFD + overpair

Are you guys calling, raising, or folding this turn. Also, do you bet this flop 3 way?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $195
UTG+1: $205
CO: $51.80
Button: $890.40
SB: $211.65
Hero: $313.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($32, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($32, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $32</font>, Hero?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Simple turn decision NFD + overpair

Sometimes I bet flop. Depends on whom I'm up against and how I'm feeling. Sometimes, it depends on the position of jupiter in the 3rd quadrant.

On the turn, I pause and assess the fact that I am completely devoid of ability to remember past plays by opponents and as such realise that I am effectively blind in this hand. Then, I call.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:17 AM

I'd bet this flop against the vast majority of opponents. Definitely against unknowns. It's not a flop that hits a lot of people hard (since people will be folding a lot of the hands with 2s, 3s, and 4s in them), but it's a flop where people could hit a lot of crappy draws to beat you that would fold to a pot-sized bet.

On the turn, I think it's a definite call. You're never getting a set to fold, and 97's going to get suspicious a lot after you checked the flop. Occasionally, you'll be ahead of a big draw, but not often enough to make raising profitable. And with 15 outs against two pair and a chance of winning unimproved, I wouldn't even consider folding.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I pause and assess the fact that I am completely devoid of ability to remember past plays by opponents and as such realise that I am effectively blind in this hand. Then, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is a shot at me for not giving any reads. But I don't even know what I'm doing, how could I have any read on how they play?