Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 12:27 PM

Default TPTK Facing Bet and Raise on Scary Board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($24.25)
Button ($24.75)
SB ($7.90)
BB ($29.75)
Hero ($27.35)
MP ($4.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.25</font>, Hero ?????
Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: TPTK Facing Bet and Raise on Scary Board

UTG I raise slightly more because of all the players to act behind me. I would raise to 1.25 here. On this flop, you could easily be behind right now and few cards seem safe for you. Any club could kill you, an Ace could complete someone's straight, and another King might give someone a boat. Basically if you're behind right now you're drawing extremely thin. You have little invested, this is a very tough spot, I fold.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:44 PM

fold
Old 04-20-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a very tough spot, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an extremely easy spot. Easy fold, you only have .75 invested. Move on, you are almost never good here.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 PM

I meant it's a tough spot for your hand to be good. And if you are good on the flop, too many cards can hurt you. Regardless, we all agree that this is a fold.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 PM

I did fold but was wondering if a raise to $9 would work. I might get a call from the BB, hope to improve on the Turn and maybe get a free river card.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did fold but was wondering if a raise to $9 would work. I might get a call from the BB, hope to improve on the Turn and maybe get a free river card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that a raise to $9 in this situation would be spew.
BB is representing a lot of strength here. Note that you (the preflop raiser) have yet to act and that this board could easily give you a very big hand -- and yet the BB does not appear concerned. Without a read to the contrary this is an easy fold.

Also, I couldn't help but notice your choice of words in the last sentence: "might get a call", "hope to improve", and "maybe get a free card". In a situation like this you need to be confident that you have the best hand (or draw or combination of the two) because you're on the road to building a big pot and putting a lot of chips at risk.

-- Manzanita