Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:45 AM

Default how well run is the caesars LV noon $130 tourney?

not expecting much because its [censored] harrahs, but i have heard a lot of good things about this particular tournament for the buyin level (40 minute levels and 90BB to start)

any feedback on this?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: how well run is the caesars LV noon $130 tourney?

I can't give you any first hand knowledge. My buddy says it's the best tournament format in town. This one and the $62 Sahara tournament. Best meaning starting stack and blind structure. I don't think the juice/rake at ceaser's is that bad either.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:19 AM

this is from POKER TOURNAMENT FORMULA website

Caesars’ poker tournament has a bizarre blind structure. At blind level two, the blinds are $50-$100. At level three, they shoot up to $100-$200 with a $25 ante. That means the cost of going through a round of ten hands almost quadruples, from $150 to $550 in a single jump.

At the 100 200 level I did feel the jump they really could use a 75 150 level or a at least a 100/200 no ante level in there I think I read that the saturday tourny has fixed this prob
btw this site has some good info on vegas tournys
http://www.pokertournamentformula.co...ournaments.htm
Old 04-19-2007, 07:05 AM

I played this on this past Saturday.
About 130 runners... we played 9 handed.
Very comfortable... good waitress service.

But you either get some chips in the first 2 levels, or you're in push-fold mode by level 3 with the silly jump in the blinds-antes from lvl2 to lvl3 indicated above.

Out right before level 4 when AK<AA bleh
Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 AM

This tourney is great. Extremely well run.

The only drawback is the big bump in the blind levels. And W2G's when you cash.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:45 AM

It's probably the best you will find for under $200.
You get some play and can make some moves but after the second break if you don't have some chips it's usually fold or push.

For the poker tournament structure guys which structure is considered better the Caesars Noon/7PM or the $180 Venetian NL tourneys?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And W2G's when you cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

really stupid question that could probably be answered with a search, but couldn't i just easily claim fake losses that exceeded winnings?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:12 PM

yes, and take your chances with the irs. they usually like to see proof of that sort of thing.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

im going to vegas in 3 weeks. that blind jump looks kinda ridiculous. i think im gonna play at the venetian.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the poker tournament structure guys which structure is considered better the Caesars Noon/7PM or the $180 Venetian NL tourneys?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like both tourneys and both structures. Caesars gives you more play early on and more player later on. Venetian gives you fewer starting chips so it feels a little tighter early, but it doesn't have those giant doubling (or more than doubling) blinds that Caesars has. So after a couple hours I'm feeling squeezed in Caesars tourney while not so squeezed at Venetian. But give it 4 more hours and the Caesars structure is feeling better.

Basically I think the structures are nearly equal overall with the slight edge going to Caesars. V is close, but I think with the same number of runners the V tourney will end 30 minutes to an hour sooner than Caesars.

But yes, that jump from 50/100 to 100/200/25 at Caesars is stupidly ridiculous. Remember, though, you start with 4500 chips and 40 minute rounds... so you're still sitting ok at the 80-minute mark as this happens if you just haven't lost much. So that jump isn't THAT painful. But the next jump after 120 minutes of play doubles everything again and at that point T4500 if you've just managed to stay even is a shortstack. And it doubles once again at level 5 after 160 minutes to 400/800/100. So yeah, this set of blinds tends to result in a lot of pushbot play at Caesars. After level 5 you get a reprieve with a couple levels where the blinds don't double.

V's blinds never double like that after the early rounds. But they also go up every 30 minutes.

They're both fine structures and good tourneys. If I'm in the mood to risk $130ish and want to play at noon, it's Caesars. If I'm gonna play in the evening and feel like wagering more than $62 at Sahara, it's gonna be at Venetian for $180 vs Caesars $220.