Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Nasty downturn at NL$200 - help

First post so sorry if its the wrong section, too long, etc, etc. I'm on a 14 buy in down swing in probably little more than 1400 hands with no end in sight!! It's been pretty crushing on my bankroll, bb/100 and my poker hopes n' dreams. I still feel like I'm playing some of my best poker and I'm certainly being aggressive when my instincts are to become weak-tight (because of the run). Here are some hands from tonight:

FullTiltPoker Game #2250348927: Table Reunion (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:00:27 ET - 2007/04/20
Seat 1: Cursefree ($420.05)
Seat 2: Ekoc ($199)
Seat 3: dbatchelor ($113.30)
Seat 4: deucenl ($352.25)
Seat 5: dOwnosaur ($207.10)
Seat 6: sportspoker1 ($230.55)
deucenl posts the small blind of $1
dOwnosaur posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Cursefree [Jc Ac]
sportspoker1 calls $2
Cursefree raises to $8
Ekoc folds
dbatchelor folds
Ekoc adds $1
deucenl folds
dOwnosaur folds
sportspoker1 calls $6
*** FLOP *** [Jd 4c 3h]
sportspoker1 checks
Cursefree bets $15
sportspoker1 calls $15
*** TURN *** [Jd 4c 3h] [7c]
sportspoker1 checks
Cursefree bets $30
sportspoker1 raises to $80
Cursefree has 15 seconds left to act
Cursefree raises to $397.05, and is all in
sportspoker1 calls $127.55, and is all in
Cursefree shows [Jc Ac]
sportspoker1 shows [5s 6s]
Uncalled bet of $189.50 returned to Cursefree
*** RIVER *** [Jd 4c 3h 7c] [Ad]
dbatchelor: damn
Cursefree shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
sportspoker1 shows a straight, Seven high
sportspoker1 wins the pot ($461.10) with a straight, Seven high
Cursefree: bugging
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $464.10 | Rake $3
Board: [Jd 4c 3h 7c Ad]
Seat 1: Cursefree showed [Jc Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Seat 2: Ekoc didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: dbatchelor (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: deucenl (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: dOwnosaur (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: sportspoker1 showed [5s 6s] and won ($461.10) with a straight, Seven high

The hand he has can obviously be in his range and I did suspect it but I also had a redraw. This player was also very prone to limping a lot and then calling raises so I was happy to add KJ, QJ and J10 into his range. As a serial c-better and someone often likely to fire a second barrel a marginal trap did seem possible (i.e. with KJ, etc) I have so much doubt about my logic here - I'm so deep now I wonder if I can't see woods for trees!!

FullTiltPoker Game #2250448773: Table Pagentry (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:19:50 ET - 2007/04/20
Seat 1: JoeBluffs ($42.80)
Seat 2: Cursefree ($158)
Seat 3: Ekoc ($202.50)
Seat 4: GimmeYourCandy ($348.45)
Seat 5: elan4501 ($198)
Seat 6: cpegan77 ($477.35)
Cursefree posts the small blind of $1
Ekoc posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Cursefree [As Qd]
GimmeYourCandy folds
elan4501 folds
elan4501 adds $2
cpegan77 calls $2
JoeBluffs folds
Cursefree raises to $8
Ekoc calls $6
cpegan77 calls $6
*** FLOP *** [8h 9h Ad]
Cursefree bets $20
Ekoc has 15 seconds left to act
Ekoc raises to $60
cpegan77 folds
Cursefree raises to $100
Cursefree: meant to be all in
Ekoc has 15 seconds left to act
Ekoc raises to $194.50, and is all in
Cursefree calls $50, and is all in
Ekoc shows [8d 8s]
Cursefree shows [As Qd]
Uncalled bet of $44.50 returned to Ekoc
*** TURN *** [8h 9h Ad] [3s]
*** RIVER *** [8h 9h Ad 3s] [Jc]
Ekoc shows three of a kind, Eights
Cursefree shows a pair of Aces
Ekoc wins the pot ($321) with three of a kind, Eights
Cursefree is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $324 | Rake $3
Board: [8h 9h Ad 3s Jc]
Seat 1: JoeBluffs (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Cursefree (small blind) showed [As Qd] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 3: Ekoc (big blind) showed [8d 8s] and won ($321) with three of a kind, Eights
Seat 4: GimmeYourCandy didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: elan4501 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: cpegan77 folded on the Flop

In this one my re-raise was a mistake - I meant to push. Again, should I be folding here? That seems very weak. I have to figure he'd re-raise with AK preflop more often than not. I crush AJ,A10 and fresh air and I'm ahead of heart draw semi-bluffs, J10 semi-bluffs and in reasonable shape against Axh and even have one of the outs for J10h although I accept that would be a nightmare to be up against. 89, 88, 99, A8, A9 are of course all possible?! Again, what's my play on this flop? Should I be giving up AQ to resistance here - I've gone down that road before (weak-tight) and find i just get bet out of nearly every pot!

FullTiltPoker Game #2250219767: Table Pagentry (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:34:50 ET - 2007/04/20
Seat 1: Shrugs ($370.30)
Seat 2: Cursefree ($200.45)
Seat 4: Surr3al1ty ($257.05)
Seat 5: lordofwhore ($134)
Seat 6: cpegan77 ($175.30)
cpegan77 posts the small blind of $1
Shrugs posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Cursefree [6s 6d]
Cursefree raises to $8
Surr3al1ty folds
lordofwhore folds
cpegan77 folds
Shrugs calls $6
*** FLOP *** [5s 8s 2c]
Shrugs checks
Cursefree bets $15
Shrugs calls $15
*** TURN *** [5s 8s 2c] [9c]
Shrugs checks
Ekoc sits down
Ekoc adds $200
Cursefree checks
*** RIVER *** [5s 8s 2c 9c] [Kd]
Shrugs bets $40
Cursefree calls $40
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Shrugs shows [7c 6c] (a straight, Nine high)
Cursefree mucks
Shrugs wins the pot ($124) with a straight, Nine high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $127 | Rake $3
Board: [5s 8s 2c 9c Kd]
Seat 1: Shrugs (big blind) showed [7c 6c] and won ($124) with a straight, Nine high
Seat 2: Cursefree mucked [6s 6d] - a pair of Sixes
Seat 4: Surr3al1ty didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: lordofwhore (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: cpegan77 (small blind) folded before the Flop

I'm trying not to be results orientated about this one although in retrospect I do think its a bad call (is that cause I know the outcome now though). I put him on a broken flush but I accept his bet was pretty strong and I should have folded.

FullTiltPoker Game #2250285050: Table Russell (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:47:59 ET - 2007/04/20
Seat 1: SukOnThsA1Time ($237.45)
Seat 2: Cursefree ($227)
Seat 3: mrc12mike ($268.35)
Seat 4: Surr3al1ty ($384)
Seat 5: TheBestUknown ($539.95)
Seat 6: Johny_john54 ($203)
Surr3al1ty posts the small blind of $1
TheBestUknown posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Cursefree [Tc Qs]
Johny_john54 folds
SukOnThsA1Time folds
Cursefree raises to $8
mrc12mike calls $8
Surr3al1ty folds
TheBestUknown calls $6
*** FLOP *** [6s Th 7c]
TheBestUknown checks
Cursefree bets $20
mrc12mike calls $20
TheBestUknown folds
*** TURN *** [6s Th 7c] [6c]
Cursefree checks
mrc12mike checks
*** RIVER *** [6s Th 7c 6c] [2c]
Cursefree checks
mrc12mike bets $24
Cursefree calls $24
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mrc12mike shows [Td Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Sixes)
Cursefree mucks
mrc12mike wins the pot ($110) with a full house, Tens full of Sixes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $113 | Rake $3
Board: [6s Th 7c 6c 2c]
Seat 1: SukOnThsA1Time didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Cursefree mucked [Tc Qs] - two pair, Tens and Sixes
Seat 3: mrc12mike (button) showed [Td Ts] and won ($110) with a full house, Tens full of Sixes
Seat 4: Surr3al1ty (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: TheBestUknown (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Johny_john54 didn't bet (folded)

I think I achieved minimum damage in this one. The reason I put it in is to show that I'm not always going nuts with the aggression. Thoughts on the river call? I have to pay that right?

FullTiltPoker Game #2250305946: Table Reunion (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:52:02 ET - 2007/04/20
Seat 1: Cursefree ($466)
Seat 2: Ekoc ($200)
Seat 3: dbatchelor ($107.95)
Seat 4: deucenl ($316.25)
Seat 6: sportspoker1 ($235.90)
Ekoc posts the small blind of $1
dOwnosaur sits down
dbatchelor posts the big blind of $2
dOwnosaur adds $200
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Cursefree [Ks 9s]
deucenl calls $2
sportspoker1 folds
Cursefree raises to $8
Ekoc folds
dbatchelor folds
deucenl calls $6
*** FLOP *** [Ah 7h 8s]
deucenl checks
Cursefree bets $15
deucenl calls $15
*** TURN *** [Ah 7h 8s] [Ts]
deucenl checks
Cursefree bets $30
deucenl calls $30
*** RIVER *** [Ah 7h 8s Ts] [Ad]
deucenl checks
Cursefree has 15 seconds left to act
Cursefree checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Cursefree shows [Ks 9s] (a pair of Aces)
deucenl shows [8h Kh] (two pair, Aces and Eights)
deucenl wins the pot ($106) with two pair, Aces and Eights
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $109 | Rake $3
Board: [Ah 7h 8s Ts Ad]
Seat 1: Cursefree (button) showed [Ks 9s] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 2: Ekoc (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: dbatchelor (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: deucenl showed [8h Kh] and won ($106) with two pair, Aces and Eights
Seat 6: sportspoker1 didn't bet (folded)

This one really bugged me! I was fairly confident he was on the flush with his flop call. The turn was a dream card for me as it put me open-ended and drawing to a well-hidden flush. I was therefore happy to retain momentum in the pot and bet the turn with draw + fold equity. The river card was also great as his check only served to convince me more he didn't have an ace. I therefore reverted to my original line that he must be flushing or else being seriously untrusting with a PP in the hole. I figured if he has JJ or something then he'd still have to call a pretty big river bet here if he's come this far. There is also a chance that he has a weak ace in which case by river betting I'll be donking off money to him. In the end I conclude I had showdown value as I put him on the flush in which case he'd have to have KQh or something like that to beat me. I had a nagging doubt that he could have backed into 'something' in which case I should bet but I talked myself into showing down with a check. If I'd bet 1/2 pot+ he'd have folded but would that have been the right play.

Once I was 11 buy ins deep I took two days out to review my PT stats and play in general. My VP$IP is around 20% and preflop raise around 11%. I noticed I had a really low PF aggression factor (<1) yet I was very aggressive elsewhere and I raise most hands I choose to play. With further digging I found I was limping into too many hands from the SB for 0.5bb. In the order of 45% of all SB hands. I filtered for SB hands I limp and sure enough I was down so I'll tighten right up. I was also ignoring a few opportunities to 3-bet as well so I'll increase that range also (when in position usually). I also fear my flop aggression might be too high but I don't know really. My flop AF is usually well over 12! But I do CB 85% of the time whether I've missed by a mile or flopped the nuts. Other than that I see no big leaks and I'm around a 2ptbb/100 winning player over 100,000 hands and across several levels. My game has improved a lot over that time though so my later stats show signs of being better (well, they did until this swing!)

Ok, rip me appart [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

P.S. Blog is at: http://splatspokerblog.blogspot.com/ if you want to read more about my massive downfall!
P.P.S Please no massive indepth anaylsis. Assigning hand ranges and the chance of villian having each of those hands, then working out the EV for each range including the semi-bluffs to arrive at a final EV figure for various plays, etc, etc, etc. We can all do the math retrospectively but I'm 4-tabling and have 15s to decide - lol. People that claim to 8 table and calculate these situations are lying. They go with their guts and justify it in blogs afterwards! I'd appreciate more simple logic on how I should handle these situations - the sort of logic that would be reasonable to the decision time I have.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Nasty downturn at NL$200 - help

convert ur hands?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Hi Acevader - I know it's pretty crappy getting so few replies to such a long post you obviously put a lot of effort into but please convert - manually if necessary, I always need to do it manually - it's just so hard to read otherwise. And try to break up your posts into one hand at a time.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:53 PM

AJcc is standard. you played i fine.

AQ is a laydown. I look at this as youre either way behind, or you are a slight favorite to some draw, be it a monster draw or just a heart draw. You are OOP, felting is -EV, I drop that hand. Also remember youre betting into two people.. try a pot control here instead of protecting your hand. Check/call, re evaluate the turn isnt a bad idea.

66 was a pretty damn thin call. I make it against the right player but with that board, although i see the spades I think a fold is your move. People generally bet less with a whiffed draw hopeless river move, i think he bet pretty hard there close to pot right?

QT I make this call. That hand is fine and you took minimal damage, id make notes all over that guy about the slowplay going on there, and the river suckbet.

K9s I bet this river when checked to again quite a bit. He check/calls two streets, and checks the river...knock him off whatever mediocre holding he has. I guess I need some stats, if he has a high WTSD maybe id let it go. But generally, when staring at a board like that and Ive been the aggressor all the way, and it seems the only way out is another bullet I fire. Phil Gordon says the key to a bluff is consistency in commitment in one of his books, i like that quote. Be consistent and committed to your bluff (semibluff).
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 PM

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $352.25
BB: $207.10
<u>UTG: $230.55</u>
<u>Hero (MP): $420.05</u>
CO: $199
BTN: $113.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $6

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($19) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($49) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $397.05</font>, UTG calls all-in for $127.55
Uncalled bet of $189.50 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($464.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $464.10 ($3 Rake)

UTG had 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Seven high) and WON (+$230.55)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and LOST (-$230.55)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<u>Hero (SB): $158</u>
<u>BB: $202.50</u>
UTG: $348.45
MP: $198
<font color="black">CO: $477.35</font>
BTN: $42.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $2, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB calls $6, CO calls $6

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($24) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $60</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $100</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $194.50</font>, Hero calls all-in for $50
Uncalled bet of $44.50 returned to BB

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($324) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($324) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $324 ($3 Rake)

BB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Eights) and WON (+$163)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$158)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $175.30
<u>BB: $370.30</u>
<u>Hero (UTG): $200.45</u>
CO: $257.05
BTN: $134

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $6

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($17) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($47) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($47) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $40</font>, Hero calls $40

Pot Size: $127 ($3 Rake)

BB had 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a straight, Nine high) and WON (+$61)
Hero had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Sixes) and LOST (-$63)

SB: $384
<font color="black">BB: $539.95</font>
UTG: $203
MP: $237.45
<u>Hero (CO): $227</u>
<u>BTN: $268.35</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BTN calls $8, SB folds, BB calls $6

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, BTN calls $20, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($65) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($65) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $24</font>, Hero calls $24

Pot Size: $113 ($3 Rake)

BTN had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Tens full of Sixes) and WON (+$58)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Tens and Sixes) and LOST (-$52)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $200
BB: $107.95
<u>UTG: $316.25</u>
CO: $235.90
<u>Hero (BTN): $466</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $2, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $6

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($19) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($49) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, UTG calls $30

<font color="black">River:</font> ($109) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $109 ($3 Rake)

UTG had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Eights) and WON (+$53)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$53)
Old 04-21-2007, 12:05 AM

There is the hands converted. In the future, please convert hands as it makes them so much easier to read and will generate a lot more responses.

Hand1- Rough luck.

Hand2- You got to find a fold here somewhere. You are almost certainly behind with this action.

Hand3- Meh. I think I fold river.

Hand4- I think its fine. He bets the river with missed, weaker T's, mid pairs, bluffs, etc.

Hand5- Raise more PF. I think I check the turn with the draw here so you don't get pushed off of it and it seems like you have little FE. Sometimes bet river.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:46 AM

Cheers guys and thanks for the heads up on the conversion thing. Does make it much easier to read [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also thanks for the input into the hands. I lay in bed this morning thinking about them and I did conclude that 66 was me trying to be too much of a hero and AQ was just inviting a stacking. I'm still really happy with my K9s play but I shouldn't have bottled the river. I was strong in my opinion that he had been principally drawing to the flush or had something weak. Betting say $65 I only need that assumption to be correct 37% of the time to break even and I don't think he could call that even with a PP such as JJ, etc.

cbboy, why do you suggest raising more preflop on hand 5? I generally raise all hands 4bb unless there is a strong reason to raise more (i.e. limpers). I don't like to vary preflop bets if I can avoid it.

I think the key hand from this lot is AQ. Its the one most likely to result in me being stacked and is still the sort of hand I'm getting into trouble with. TPTK or TPGK vs set or two-pair. How can I learn to avoid these situations but without becoming a nit. I want to punish players with weaker kickers and make draws pay dearly but don't want to expose myself to monster stackings from sets, etc. For example when I raise AK and take a K,9,3r flop with one of the blinds how am I supposed to get away from 99,33,K9 if they check raise me on the flop? What is the thought process I should go through to determine the danger that I'm against a set or two-pair in these situations?

I note a lot of people suggest calling on the forum and re-evaluating the next street. That is something I will seldom do. Lets say I'm villian in the AQ hand and I took that flop with KQh (which I wouldn't have btw) I'd have raised that flop. There is plenty I can represent and if the SB doesn't have an ace or a weak ace I'll often take it. If he calls I have to assume I need the straight or flush to win in which case I'd have 11 outs so around a 24% chance to win. I'm betting my draw here everytime. I've taken the wind out of villians sails, have position, have the back up of a draw if I'm called, etc, etc. I'll bet strong here to represent a strong hand and this will send all the 're-evaluators' packing. It's for this reason that I don't call to re-evaluate as IMHO most good players will keep the pressure on.

Thanks for the help so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 06:48 AM

why am i not suprised these hands are from full tilt/someday everyone will realize about this crap site.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Well the session before I dropped 5 buy ins on crypto - there are all as bad as each other which leads me to one conclusion. I'm bad!