Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM

Default 25NL KK 3bet pf

No reads/stats on Villain. Would appreciate comments on how the hand was played.

Seat 1: Dealer ($53.30)
Seat 2: ($23.60)
Seat 3: Villain (BB) ($22.80)
Seat 4: Hero ($32.45)
Seat 5: ($41.10)

SB posts the small blind of $0.15
Villain posts the big blind of $0.25

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

Hero raises to $0.90
3 folds
Villain raises to $2.85
Hero reraises to $8.70
Villain calls $5.85

*** FLOP *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

Villain checks

Hero bets $23.75 and is all-in

Villain calls $14.10 and is all-in

Uncalled bet of $9.65 returned to Hero

*** SHOW DOWN ***

Villain shows [Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero mucks [K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

Villain collects $43.75

I find in reraised pots Villains typically get it in or fold the flop, however Villain's check lead I see often in these situations when he really wants it to go in.

I shove here because that one extra card he is offering me isn't going to do much for my hand, and he doesn't have a stack to cbet into..

Is there anything else I can do here? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: 25NL KK 3bet pf

With no reads, it seems like all your chips are going to make it into the pot no matter what happens.

Preflop: Maybe re-raise a LITTLE more.

On the flop, if you c-bet it and he pushes with only $14.10 you've got to think you're calling his raise with no reads, so the hand wouldn't have played out differently. However, I probably would have c-bet instead of pushing here, as he'll call something like QT/T9 to a standard c-bet but is most likely folding it to an all-in push.

Given the way the hand played out, with no reads and a short-stack, you're probably just going to get stacked no matter what happens in my opinion.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:17 PM

I like to c/r AI on the flop. Gets AK to stab at this occasionally
Old 04-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Jpeezy, thanks for the response, I agree with what you said about cbetting rather than shoving to draw more hands in, it was not something I thought of at the time. I thought my regular bet would just about put him in anyway..
Old 04-19-2007, 01:31 PM

Good point, I didn't realize we've already got $17 in the pot already, and he's got $14 left. I guess in these situations you have to think about both pot size AND stack size; if he had either of those holdings you might consider betting like half his stack size. But he also might see this as weak and just come over the top -- probably not as big a deal as I originally thought.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 PM

4-bet a little more, otherwise this is standard. Sucks you lost but you aren't doing anything other than getting all your chips in one way or another.