FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who qualifies?
Both of the choppers 11 31.43%
The chopper who had more chips 10 28.57%
Neither of them 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Firing the second barrel

So I get a girl's number at the vid store a couple weeks ago, and then I lose it the next day. I manage to find her email through her university, and I send her a message, explaining how I lost my phone, and who stole it. I gave her a link to this story, which I shared on 2p2, and said that I think fatboy is the culprit:

[ QUOTE ]
My ankle is screwed up, so I was taking it slow around the track today, and had to suffer the company of a deeply stupid, always slothful, fat mustachioed cholo guy in my boxing class. I'm always polite to him, even when he tells me his theory about why evolution never happened at all, or about how boxing doesn't work on the street and how his "homeboy' supposedly wrecked Oscar De La Hoya in a barfight. I tend to place social expediency over moral or intellectual power-tripping and hold my tongue. Not so today.

He decided to brag to me about how he beat up a kid on the street and took his shoes. "That's terrible. Why would you do that?" I say. "Cuz I wanted the shoes, and that fool owed me money that he didn't even know about"

I asked him how he would feel if his parents owed money to a company and they send goons to collect. He said "no one [censored] with my parents"
So I try to build on that a la socrates. Needless to say, a platonic dialogue did not ensue. We argue a bit, and I even reached so far as to use his religion against him. He said "You don't understand. I don't care if it's wrong"
I say "then I don't want to talk to you anymore", pick up the pace on my running, and then avoid him for the rest of class.

He gave me some dirty looks after warm-up on the track, and one of his cholo buddies who used to be friendly with me looked at me sternly during our indoor aerobics. I don't know if ostracizing this guy is going to be worth it in the long run, but I'd feel gross about myself if I gave tacit approval to fatboy's loathesome braggery.

I'm not afraid of fatboy. He's bigger than me, but if he came at me, I'd just take out his knees with stop-kicks. He's a better banger than me, but he couldn't use it because his footwork is terrible. He'd be helpless. "

[/ QUOTE ]

So she writes me back and says my story was funny, and she's sorry I lost my phone. She gives me her # and says it would be nice to have a chat and get coffee.

I called her on friday, and left a message, but she didn't call back. Do I call her again? I used to have this problem with my ex-gf where she wouldn't ever call me back. She explained after a while that it was a game that her mom taught her to keep guys interested. Weird.

Anyway, should think "well, it's a freeroll" and call her or "well, I don't wanna be creepy" and not call her?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Firing the second barrel

I'd prob just wait and talk to her during recess
Old 04-18-2007, 05:23 AM

Should have called her Sunday-Wednesday instead of Friday. I think the next call time should be Sunday, and that would be a freeroll call.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 AM

I abhor it when you call a girl and she doesnt call back within the next day or so, at least. Why would you do that to any person whether you're romantically interested or not? If its a game its a horrible one, and chances are somebody who plays it isnt worth the trouble.

so yea, obviously the same kinda thing is happening to me right now and i dont know how to resolve it, really. though we had a few more things happen than just a hello and a message, so now i dont know how much i'm supposed to call or if i should just stop entirely.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

so yea, obviously the same kinda thing is happening to me right now and i dont know how to resolve it, really. though we had a few more things happen than just a hello and a message, so now i dont know how much i'm supposed to call or if i should just stop entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the very least, don't call too often a la John Favreau
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 AM

i wouldn't call her again, but don't cast her off or anything

just be cool about it and next time you see her in real life casually slip into the convo and ask what's up

better safe than sorry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't call her again, but don't cast her off or anything

just be cool about it and next time you see her in real life casually slip into the convo and ask what's up

better safe than sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

ok but your reasoning assumes I am going to see her again, which isn't likely. She usually lives a couple hours drive out of town but she's here for maybe another couple months or so. The other problem is that SHE IS HOT, and hot girls simply don't stay single.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Should have called her Sunday-Wednesday instead of Friday. I think the next call time should be Sunday, and that would be a freeroll call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll grant you that friday was likely a bad play, but what I don't understand is why I can't call her today (wednesday)
Old 04-18-2007, 06:14 AM

I hate phonegame, all those low self asteem girls get too much of a chance to screw it up over the phone just because they dont know what to do, it is very irritating. I mean u dont want to be the one that always try to get a hold of her, I guess play it casually and maybe ignore for a few days and then come back with something else so it doesnt seem that u have been waiting for her.

It should be like: Oh I had forgot about u, have had so much fun stuff to do lately, whats going on, what ever happened to that coffee u wanted to buy me.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll grant you that friday was likely a bad play, but what I don't understand is why I can't call her today (wednesday)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you could. I'd prefer Sunday since it gives her about a week buffer to call you back.