Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 PM

Default WinStar Monday $100

I'm probably going to WinStar to play in the Monday $100+15 freezeout either tomorrow or next week. What do we know about this tourney? What sort of players am I likely facing? Has anyone cashed in this? Will any of you be there?
My experience at WinStar has shown the players to be extremely loose. Very hard to get people to fold. I usually just wait for the nuts and let 3 people call me all the way to the river. When I'm card dead its hard to win hands because most of them get shown down.

I'd appreciate any input.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: WinStar Monday $100

bump
Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Go early enough to get signed in. For the 1pm tourney they begin signing up at 10am. They often fill up during the first 90 minutes or so.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:12 PM

I cashed in one back in december when I took the trip up their. Basic standard tournament strategy is fine. Pick your spots early. Don't be afraid to lean on a pot when everyone gives up on it. There's usually a jackpot-play every hand type at every table. Don't be afraid to get your money in with him when the blinds start getting big. Structure is good all the way to the final table where the blinds start doubling and it gets rediculous. Every tournament I've seen there has been chopped b/c of this, but otherwise they're great.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM

thanks for the info. I'm planning to get there around 3pm to register for the 7pm start. I think thats when registration begins. I live in Waco, so its over 3 hours. Waco is a tough place if you want to play alot of poker. Especially since I've given up on the internet with the new legislation.