Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 05:23 PM

Default play with me 30/60

live game 9 handed
seat 1: plays in this game semi-regularly. i used to think she was weak-tight-bad, but i have seen her do some really dumb aggro turn c/r's with gutshots and other assorted donktardy things, so i think she may have evolved into a full-blown spazz.
seat 3: haven't played much with him, but he is clearly too loose.
seat 4: me. i am stuck about 20bb at this point, but was stuck close to 35bb. i have won a few pots of late.
seat 6:regular. he plays decent and wins.
seat 7: plays OK, but gets his money in bad too much preflop vs. raises. capable of making weird plays at the wrong times.
seat 8: good player who is blowing his brains. probably stuck at least 50bb. he is on tilt, but the extent of his tilt is unknown to me. he doesn't strike me as the type to start 3betting air, but who knows. the bottom line is that he is blowing his brains and thus is likely seeing red somewhat.
seat 9: complete fish. horrible on every level.

seat 2 is the button

seat 5 folds, seat 6 limps, 7 limps, 8 raises, 9 calls, 1 calls, 2 folds, 3 calls from the SB, i call in the BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], rest call.

flop 7 ways for 14SB: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
sb checks, what say you????
Old 04-20-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: play with me 30/60

Bet. A lot of good things can happen.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:22 PM

I'd go to war on the flop, starting with a bet.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I like bet, seems like a bet will get more money in the pot than a c/r will.

I know that it will depend on the flop action but what are we doing when the turn comes T, 6, 5, 7 or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I like bet, seems like a bet will get more money in the pot than a c/r will.

I know that it will depend on the flop action but what are we doing when the turn comes T, 6, 5, 7 or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what the field does on the flop, but my most common action is to whimper and cry deep down inside.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:49 PM

I don't like going to war on this flop against so many people, though I'd love it with a set. I mix it up in this spots, but one play I like is c/c and then leading any safe turn. More complicated against this many players in the worst position...I think I like the lead here.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 PM

donkage.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:42 PM

all in.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:43 PM

I hate these spots. You flopped good and are planning to put multiple bets in but at the same time you are aware that in about 30-60 seconds you're going to have to seriously consider folding. Because with that many players in you're sure that just about every draw is out there waiting to hit.

Anyway, bet out, hope someone on your left raises and knocks out someone holding a 10 or 5. You're in bad position relative to the raiser to try and use him to knock out anybody. so bet and three-bet and build the pot.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 PM

Default so i bet the flop...

live game 9 handed
seat 1: plays in this game semi-regularly. i used to think she was weak-tight-bad, but i have seen her do some really dumb aggro turn c/r's with gutshots and other assorted donktardy things, so i think she may have evolved into a full-blown spazz.
seat 3: haven't played much with him, but he is clearly too loose.
seat 4: me. i am stuck about 20bb at this point, but was stuck close to 35bb. i have won a few pots of late.
seat 6:regular. he plays decent and wins.
seat 7: plays OK, but gets his money in bad too much preflop vs. raises. capable of making weird plays at the wrong times.
seat 8: good player who is blowing his brains. probably stuck at least 50bb. he is on tilt, but the extent of his tilt is unknown to me. he doesn't strike me as the type to start 3betting air, but who knows. the bottom line is that he is blowing his brains and thus is likely seeing red somewhat.
seat 9: complete fish. horrible on every level.

seat 2 is the button

seat 5 folds, seat 6 limps, 7 limps, 8 raises, 9 calls, 1 calls, 2 folds, 3 calls from the SB, i call in the BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], rest call.

flop 7 ways for 14SB: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
sb checks, i bet, seat 6 calls, seat 7 folds, seat 8 (the pfr) raises, 9 coldcalls, 1 coldcalls, seat 3 (SB) now check/3bets, I do what?