Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default I hope you don\'t get tired of helping me, I think I am getting close.

I busted out of my AP skin this morning playing Omaha 8. Here are my stats from starting at the skin and also my stats from when I began my new strategy. I would like you to look them over. I know it is a small sample size and I am going to reload. I would like some feedback about my chages. I thin I am headed in the right direction but I believe I am drawing to half a pot too often. I can't seem to lay down the nut low or the nut low draw unless the pot is jammed.

here is just since the 15th when I began my new strategy of being more aggresive preflop.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: I hope you don\'t get tired of helping me, I think I am getting clo

I think your turn and river aggression are way too low and virtually unchanged. Basically all you did was start raising preflop more right? That was maybe needed, but out of all the changes suggested, that was probably least important.

I think your problem is more likely to be playing too passively with the naked nut low. If you have nut low + a pair (or maybe even such as AK+gut shot for high) and it is 3 way and you check and call every time this is bad. Not because you didn't fold, but because you failed to try and promote your high hand in case the guy with a high doesn't have a very strong hand and may fold to pressure. Sit down right now and estimate for me how often this bluff needs to work to be right. Make reasonable assumptions up for yourself.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

They don't fold, ever. I can't bet them off a draw, I can't bet them off top pair, I can't bet them off bottom two.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:55 PM

start playing lower until you are a solid winner with 10K hands say at PL 50 or so then move up to 100 if you cant beat PL50 how are you going to beat 2/4?

oops just noticed this is limit, in which case raise raise raise