Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Is this a must raise?

I think I misplayed this on flop turn and river but my basic question is how to play the turn. I was going to bet out but figured I'd be a nit this hand and check. My instincts told me to shove and If I did I would've stacked this guy. Whats the optimum play in this spot? Bet it out or check raise it?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $221
UTG+1: $45.85
Hero: $181.55
Button: $199.95
SB: $112.85
BB: $77

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($20, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($32, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $30.45</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($92.9, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: $92.9

Pretty nitty, I know, I want this one over.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Is this a must raise?

Optimum play is to get reads and then come back to us. I can't really think of a type of opponent where this line (turn + river) wins the most/loses the least, so I'd have to say that you probably played this bad. Preflop and flop are fine in most situations, though.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Even with no reads I got the feeling that against most any holding that raising the turn is a solid play. Any k q 10 give me broadway and any club the second nut flush. I know I played it bad, just wondering how you would work with this. Turn and river that is. Sorry about not having posted my read, this guy was playing pretty well, solid. not loose and not a nit. He had A set of aces btw
Old 04-14-2007, 04:28 AM

Out of position, this line isn't that terrible. Allin on the turn is mostly ugly, as you are never a favourite, unless you feel you have some passing equity. Although I would have probably bet it as the A looks like it made your hand better. Checking the river is also ok, simply because he will not pay off with non flush hands - you've played it transparently like a draw - and if he raises, you are going to feel ill.

gl

bdd
Old 04-14-2007, 04:42 AM

For some reason I'm having a hard time believing that with 9 nut strait outs and 8 outs to 2nd nut flush, that I might not be ahead. Then again, its late... Tell me if I'm way off here, please.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 AM

OK, bet the pot on the river. Dont draw to things and then be all nitty when you hit them and miss value.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I'm having a hard time believing that with 9 nut strait outs and 8 outs to 2nd nut flush, that I might not be ahead. Then again, its late... Tell me if I'm way off here, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um that's 17 outs.. I dunno to me it looks like he has a hand and I don't think you have enough FE to push. plus your flush outs is not to the nuts. And you say he was playing pretty well. then he's probably not going to pay you off when you hit. just c/f?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:19 AM

This hand I was lead preflop and flop. thought he might even be on a bluff, no way I'm folding. I checked to possibly induce a bluff instead of betting out wich was my first instinct. c/f? wow.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 AM

cr turn
Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand I was lead preflop and flop. thought he might even be on a bluff, no way I'm folding. I checked to possibly induce a bluff instead of betting out wich was my first instinct. c/f? wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah sorry that was pretty dumb considering how many outs we have. never mind lol