Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Poker advertisements in NYC

Got to spend a little time back in the old neighborhood over the holidays, and I noticed that there is a shitload of advertising for online poker rooms in New York.

There's a huge banner for Paradise Poker (.com) on the north side of 42nd Street and Bway, a big add that I spotted coming off the Manhattan Bridge for something called Bo'sPoker.com (I think--powered by BetOnSports).

But the most noticeable advertising push in this city from an online poker room is for PokerRoom (.tv). They must have bought advertising space for, like, 90% of yellow cabs, because everywehere you look there is a taxi rolling by with a simple, yet eye-catching add that shows a green background and Pokerroom.tv in big white letters next to that site's crownlike insignia.

Those who think the poker boom has reached saturation point are probably very wrong.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Poker advertisements in NYC

Interestingly enough Pokerroom.tv spent the least on their campaign. A 25 share can be had for a song on taxi-tops, its the least popular outdoor advertising medium there is.

What really shocks me is the blatant advertising at the Holland Tunnel for Bet On Spots.com, directly across from the police precinct. Poker is one thing, but NY has always been intolerant of bookies and sports betting. I'm surprised they haven't crack down on this one yet.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2006, 11:55 PM

there was a bodog spotlight thing shining on the side of a building on atlantic ave by bqe in bklyn. very weird.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:29 AM

I was inside ESPN Zone a couple of weeks in NYC and the waiters wear Partypoker.net on their aprons/uniforms.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:51 AM

sites like pokerroom have more incentive to advertise their site on taxicabs and billboards than party poker does because their rake is higher and the people most likely to be brought into the online poker world through these forms of advertisement are less likely to know anything about rake.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sites like pokerroom have more incentive to advertise their site on taxicabs and billboards than party poker does because their rake is higher and the people most likely to be brought into the online poker world through these forms of advertisement are less likely to know anything about rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think this is a big factor. it's not like the people typically watching the WSOP on ESPN or the WPT and see the partypoker ads usually care a ton about the rake. <5% of all players would probably list the rake as a big factor in which site they play on.

tc
Old 04-11-2007, 09:03 PM

I was there over the weekend too, I didn't see the one on broadway. Cool to hear though
Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was there over the weekend too, I didn't see the one on broadway. Cool to hear though

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because this thread is over 1 year old.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because this thread is over 1 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Ninja's
Old 04-11-2007, 09:27 PM

how did i respond to this thread... it was at the top of NVG somehow...

tc