Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 10:47 PM

Default I could have played it worse I guess

Seat 4 seems solid. Other guy sucks.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (8.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___folds
Old 04-12-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: I could have played it worse I guess

He probably has you beat a lot of the times, but I'm not convinced it's so often as to not warrant a call.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 AM

I wouldn't blame yourself too much. Popping 3rd street seems right but after that the gods are not good to you. Nice lay down on the river (I think).
Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't blame yourself too much. Popping 3rd street seems right but after that the gods are not good to you. Nice lay down on the river (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to always call the river here and now I don't really see the point. I don't see how he can raise with a hand that doesn't scoop me when I am showing A34 and I'm betting the whole way.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:32 AM

given ur board i think this is a good fold.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 AM

Right. But I wouldn't let it get around that you make such fine lay downs. To be honest, I would have called--that is, "donated."
Old 04-12-2007, 02:46 AM

i think your 3rd street limp is fine if you think it gives you a chance to clear the field out later. the problem is, since youre the high card youre going to have to lead 4th street, and then you might have well of just raised on 3rd. instead, i think you should go for the checkraise on 4th if the 52 bets. if the 34 bets and the 52 calls/raises you can fold. a checkraise should still work and shouldnt be too suspicious because your 3rd street limp shows alot of weakness. for all they know you decided to limp with A2J. if your hand was more powerful theyd expect a raise. because of this, i think the 52 bets 4th even if he paired 2s. if he doesnt bet then at least you got alot of information out of the hand, whereas they have absolutely no true information about yours.

i like the 5th street bet if you can safely fold to a raise. betting gives you alot of information because if youre not raised then your hand is in good shape still. if you check and it goes bet/call you dont know where you stand. however, if youre raised and you still dont feel great about the information presented, i dont think the bet makes sense. you shouldnt keep betting just because you have the best board. it doesnt really accomplish anything i dont think. they arent going to make any mistakes because of it, unless you think checking may end up forcing you to fold the best hand when the 354 bets and the 256 raises. on 6th street, your hand is looking really ugly being up against 2 3flushes. i think its time to check, but if you think betting gives you more reliable information then i like it.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:52 AM

Anybody thinking about slowing down on 5th or 6th here? Both their boards look scary, they're freerolling for half the pot.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:06 AM

I honestly don't know what I was thinking on any street, but I'll do my best to analyze it anyway. Third I limped for exactly the reason you said, to try and isolate someone later. However this makes no sense for the reason you mentioned. I guess I could bet 4th and hopefully the solid player raises.

5th I guess I thought I'd be able to fold to the good player's raise considering the strength of my board. I think 6th street is maybe the only street I actually like other than river just because folding to a raise is even easier now because I just keep betting into their solid boards.

River I think was decent. I expect to get looked up fairly light by solid player because my hand looks a lot like a low oriented one. Terrible player is terrible so I gave him an opportunity to make a horrible call. I think check/call against the solid player and c/c or maybe even c/r against the bad player might be fine. Once I bet and solid player raises against my strong board and the terrible player that can easily have accidentally made a scoop type hand even if he started with only 1 good hole card I didn't see how he could have a nonscooping hand. I didn't see the point in calling his raise to see whether he wound up with the 7 high straight, a flush or a wheel/6 straight. Him raising with a 7 here would be retarded and the only 6 he can have is A3456 which I would think would rather have the overcall of the retard plus all the dead A/6.

Salche: Yeah I think there might be some merit to checking 5th or 6th but as Tuff Fish would say I have NO FEAR, NO FEAR AT ALL, which usually means I keep betting mindlessly until someone raises me and then I play poker. The only bad thing about it is that most people in this game will try to squeeze a player out of the pot any time they think they have a chance. The saving grace here is that the bad player is really bad and might not do that if the good one bets. If the bad player was after me and then the good player I can practically guarantee I'm going to be greeted with 2 cold very often. However if those were the positions then I think there would be much more reason to trying to c/r 4th.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:46 PM

I think the river is a definite check. I wouldn't have folded to the raise, but it was probably a good fold.