Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM

Default 2/4$ SH Kings

UTG: Unknown

2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

bet/fold turn? or calldown for bluffinduce?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 2/4$ SH Kings

Bet turn and river and get value from KQ, QJ, KJ, KT, QT, JT and 77-JJ.

When you check you allow him to play those hands perfect by checking behind. Although he will bet a lot of them for you on the turn, he will check behind river after your turn call.

Actually I dont mind c/c'ing the turn to induce those bluffs and then donk/folding the river.

(I am contradicting myself now, but I wouldnt c/c both turn and river, rather I would try and bet at least the river)

EDIT: I missed the flush draw. Bet turn!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM

I would bet the turn again. There are a lot of hands that peel the flop clubs/QJ/KQ/Tx that you are beating, so just keep betting.

On the river, it's tough spot vs. an unknown... but I prefer betting over checking. Against a more aggro player, I would consider checking to induce a bluff from busted draws. Most of the time, I bet, and hope KK is good.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 PM

I prefer to bet the turn and check call the river in this spot. You may be beat, but you will call anyway so bet in order to charge any hands you are ahead of that are drawing. On the river I like a check call because I feel he has a missed draw often, so let him bluff.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:44 PM

I keep leading at it until I get raised. So bet turn, bet river, but likely fold to raise on either street.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river I like a check call because I feel he has a missed draw often, so let him bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we miss value from mid pp's/Tx here quite a bit by checking... hands we beat check behind here more often than villain takes a stab with KQ etc IMHO. bet/fold both turn and river.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Yea, you should bet the turn to pay him chasing his draw. If he raison on the turn, you gotta have to make a decision, on the river, I would try to induced a bluff.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 PM

I bet turn and river. Only check the river if you have reason to believe he'll bluff. Otherwise, your check/calling when behind and missing a value bet when ahead.