Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Rate this overbet bluff...(1knl)

VIllain and me have a little bit of history. Hes stacked me a full times by mostly coolers, few of my second barrels against him did not work and he probally noticed. He seems like a decent regular. He probally thinks im a little loose but not retarded.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (3 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($1999)
SB ($1005)
Hero ($3220.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $30.

Flop: ($85) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $50</font>, Hero calls $50.

Turn: ($185) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $130</font>, Hero calls $130.

River: ($445) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $350</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3000.5</font>

I may have best hand and its a 3barrel bluff by him. Its concievable he has the flush and I just overbet stacked myself, but his range is pretty wide here. He could be value betting light and I think he is going to have a v hard time calling with out two spades. Note that its short handed. Like it or hate it?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Rate this overbet bluff...(1knl)

Eh, A6s is somewhat difficult to play oop, but you did manage to keep the pot somewhat small with tp, until river of course. Why not just call river? What’s he going to call you with that you beat? You think you could get a better hand out showing no strength?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, A6s is somewhat difficult to play oop, but you did manage to keep the pot somewhat small with tp, until river of course. Why not just call river? What’s he going to call you with that you beat? You think you could get a better hand out showing no strength?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a bluff... and Hero could easily play a flush like this.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM

umm because obviously his hand is no good...
obviously it's a bluff

btw it's ok but you're a little deep so I dunno it's going to cost you a lot when you're called
Old 04-11-2007, 01:29 PM

helps if i read the title huh?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:40 PM

i thought it was "meh but ok i guess" until i saw it's 200bb deep, now i think its gross.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought it was "meh but ok i guess" until i saw it's 200bb deep, now i think its gross.

[/ QUOTE ]
well if you originally thought it was 100bb deep then its even grosser. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 04-11-2007, 02:05 PM

First of all i hate the fact that you overbet it.Something like 1100$ would work equally good and you can instafold if he shoves back.

The fact that he bet even though the 3rd spade appeared is what makes this move unreasonabe.He mostly likely either has a flush himself or has a total air and you are beating him already.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The fact that he bet even though the 3rd spade appeared is what makes this move unreasonabe.He mostly likely either has a flush himself or has a total air and you are beating him already.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorta disagree. Its short handed and people are still very capable of betting even one pair hands like this for value. What makes you think its unlikely that he plays a set, two pair like this?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
well if you originally thought it was 100bb deep then its even grosser. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah you're right there i guess.

i mean, i don't really see the reason for posting these hands unless you're doing it for metagame purposes vs other 2p2ers (LOOK I C/R BLUFF THE RIVER SOMETIMES!)

its so hard to judge short handed high variance non-standard plays like this on a forum. theres too many factors dependant on the current flow of the game, your read, his read on you, etc that you just can't communicate clearly in a post like this.