Old 04-09-2007, 04:29 PM

Default 100r Hand

Hello, I joined today.

Thoughts on this hand from the 100r?

animated pxf version:
http://www.pokerxfactor.com/servlet/...p;handid=55170
Old 04-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: 100r Hand

Sup. I'm mman_status on stars, whatup bigcheese. I think prior knowledge of the opponent is key here, and we have to put him on some sort of hand before we blindly shove our combo. Had you watched him play any pots before? Firing two bullets like that in a family pot really indicates strength. Even though your hand looks nice its still a dog to A9. I think I would play this hand very different against different opponents. Leading the flop is another option and it probably gives you more information, as you'd be able to shut down with much more action on that flop.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:21 PM

thx mmanstatus. actually was the #1 first hand dealt at that table after being moved. I was thinkin the range of a flatcall of below could be fairly large. thought he coulda had 66, or 88 easily, or a pp as high as JJ without reraisein pf. or that he coulda been bettin with draws too, and that I actually might have been ahead, like vs AhQh or something similar. and i thought i there was pretty good fold equity on my push
Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 PM

good to see new strong players here. callduhbluff <---

I think I might just flatcall turn again, lol. The thing is I just expect to get instacalled when shove, and flat calling could get him to check behind a ton of 1 pair hands on the river scared you have a 7 from the BB. Plus he made a somewhat small bet relative to the pot on the turn, and there is the possibilty of an overcall from bel0w although unlikely. So basically decent pot odds + him most likely checking behind all but monsters on river + K, 9, heart outs + expecting to get instacalled if shoved on turn and only folding out hands we are ahead of= flatcall. Fold to another bet if river blanks.
Only blank river I would consider calling a shove on is an A, but that would be v tough.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:44 PM

I fold on the turn. This is a dry flop and your 9s certainly aren't ahead. Fidoo isn't firing into 2 people again with air. I think he has boated up a lot here. Plus you still have to worry about a boat from Below, though I'm pretty sure he would bet it. Maybe he folds JJ/TT to your push but it depends on your image.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:54 PM

The first time I saw this hand played out, I had him on pocket 10s or Jacks. I was "kinda" surprised to see Queens but I suppose I MAY flat call there with QQ from time to time. Another thing to note also is that it was your first hand at the table. I hate getting into monster pots when I first sit down at a table (assuming you don't know much about your opponent(s)). I would have probably led the flop for 1200-1500. If you get raised here, then you make consider dumping or re raising with a push. That is really up to you but since you didn't lead the flop, I would have played the flop the same way. But then I would have just flat called the turn to see if a heart or a 9 (maybe hoping for a King?) to peel off for a realtively cheap price. At the turn, I don't see this guy firing twice with complete air and I feel that he will call to your push a lot more times than not. If he calls, it's very hard to believe that you will have the best hand. You might be up against the nut flush draw but the way the hand played out, I wouldn't put him on that.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:37 AM

another thing i was considering when I played this hand was that, if i were to have been trying to represent a seven, I definately would check out front on flop, assuming below would continuation bet. So if i were representin trips, I would not have lead out, but on the turn, i would probably have played it the way i did, checkraising allin with the draw that came out.

i think my opponent could have bet out a lot of hands on the turn also, after having it been checked around to him on the flop and turn, pot looked like it was up for grabs.