Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2007, 02:43 AM

Default What games do you play with your spouse/significant other?

Tonight my wife and I were home with the power going in and out and we played some card games. It was fun, but usually we have a little bit of a disconnect when it comes to our desires to spend our free time.

We LOVE watching TV and movies together, going out with friends, going out on dates ourselves, and in general enjoy our time together. I've been married for 4 years and freaking love being married.

One thing that I wouldn't call a 'problem', but something I've desired is some sort of addicting card game or board game or something that is both strategic/challenging and yet entertaining.

Tonight we played Phase 10, a cardgame. For me, it's an extremely boring game, ESPECIALLY with just 2 people. It's like 98% luck. Same with Monopoly. So while I get bored with these types of games, she is entertained because they get her thinking and it's simple time that we get to spend together.

I guess I'm just higher maitenance when it comes to 'games'. I'm 24, I still love video games, play WW in POG often, et cetera. The games I play are sport games which create challenges for me and keep me entertained.

So I want to find some game that my wife and I could play together that we'd both love and look forward to playing together. We've tried some video games, and we enjoyed playing some car racing games, but she gets bored with those quick. She likes board and card games. I like challenges and like to have to think when I play a game.

Anyway, I digress, just was curious if anyone had any suggestions/thoughts. I'd love to be able to share more with her my love for games and not be a nitpick when it comes to the games we play.

Maybe a lame post but thought it'd get some discussion going.

Thanks.