Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Warning to Dallas Players

Warning to Dallas Players

I'm sure you're all aware of what we went through last year. Let's not bring it up, but in the sake of preventitive maintenance, I want to share the following with you.

There was a club last year that was allowing young kids (<18) to play. They wound up on the news when an undercvoer reporter made his way into the room. They had one of my email addresses on file b/c a friend of mine dealt there and asked me to play one night. The room got shut down. My friend would routinely brag about snatching chips from pots, and would w/o a doubt put a rigged deck into the game if he were clever enough.

I was contacted via email about a new room, and the sender claimed to be affiliated with the room mentioned above, and also with a club that liked to claim to be a chartered club, but which was not. When I made him aware that I knew about the following that occured at the club: shady dealers taking sometimes 5x the rake, multiple house players sometimes in the same game, and underage players, he back tracked and claimed no affiliation.

They claim to be spreading 1-2 NL and once a week 10-25 PLO/PLHE...you know, for those 1-2 guys that want to take a shot...as well as some small MTT's. The biggest cheat of them all was the MTT w/ rebuys that one of their former clubs spread. It's almost impossible to catch a room stealing rebuys in a loose low buy-in MTT.

Whatever the case, I can only confirm that there is a known association between this club and a very poorly ran, scandalous, seedy, and shady club that was closed about this time last year.

I mention this to the 2p2 community only as a warning, and I would hope that anyone else would do the same.

This was posted w/ TT's permission, as well as RR's. They're quite the team.

I will investigate myself. Consider me to be your detective in the field.......
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Warning to Dallas Players

Dallas players - a brief reminder to please be careful not to provide any specific details in this thread. We have a duty to protect the players at this underground card room, even though the owners seem to be unsavory characters.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Warning to Dallas Players

"I will investigate myself."

Why?
Do you suspect yourself of having done something wrong?