Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Legal Texas card rooms update!

from an article i read on the fort worth star telegram's site...

[ QUOTE ]
Menendez said that he plans to amend his bill before presenting it to the licensing panel to require that games be played on an electric table that deals computer-generated cards that can be seen only by the player who receives them.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would suck so incredibly bad if you could only play at electronic tables.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Legal Texas card rooms update!

[ QUOTE ]
Under HB 3186, establishments that have on-premises liquor licenses that generate more than $7,500 a month in sales could apply for a license to hold poker games.

The number of licenses to be issued would be determined by the Texas Lottery Commission, which would be given the authority to regulate the games.

The machines, which would take up about as much space as a pool table, would be hard-wired to the Lottery Commission to make sure the games stayed honest.

"Any funny business and the Lottery Commission could shut [the tables] down immediately," Menendez said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Star Telegram Article

Seems they want tight control to avoid 'cheating'.

There also seems to be a question as to whether they can enact the bill without changing the Texas constitution.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Under HB 3186, establishments that have on-premises liquor licenses that generate more than $7,500 a month in sales could apply for a license to hold poker games.

The number of licenses to be issued would be determined by the Texas Lottery Commission, which would be given the authority to regulate the games.

The machines, which would take up about as much space as a pool table, would be hard-wired to the Lottery Commission to make sure the games stayed honest.

"Any funny business and the Lottery Commission could shut [the tables] down immediately," Menendez said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Star Telegram Article

Seems they want tight control to avoid 'cheating'.

There also seems to be a question as to whether they can enact the bill without changing the Texas constitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that if it is accepted as a game of skill, then no changes to the Tx constitution would be necessary.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i believe that IF it is accepted as a game of skill, then no changes to the Tx constitution would be necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might have to be decided by the Texas courts (like Holdem was finally allowed in California because of a judge's ruling).
Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 PM

i am seriously on the verge of a homicide spree dealing with the retard arguments against having Hold'em in Texas.

I can eat 25,000 calories a day, drink 2 fifths of vodka a night, smoke 40 cartons of cigarettes every God damned day if I want to, BUT OH NOES NO CARD GAMES. Just do every other vice, and ask the taxpayers to pay for that lung transplant, but we can't have Hold'em which would INCREASE state revenue, rather than BURDEN it like booze, gluttony, and cigarettes do. Or I can bang 40 different chicks, get em all pregnant, let the state pay for that too. Stupid moronic bull [censored].

And now I'm pissed that they're gonna make it electronic tables, though maybe that would at least open the door. But e-tables are 100% gay. God damn it all to hell.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am seriously on the verge of a homicide spree dealing with the retard arguments against having Hold'em in Texas.

I can eat 25,000 calories a day, drink 2 fifths of vodka a night, smoke 40 cartons of cigarettes every God damned day if I want to, BUT OH NOES NO CARD GAMES. Just do every other vice, and ask the taxpayers to pay for that lung transplant, but we can't have Hold'em which would INCREASE state revenue, rather than BURDEN it like booze, gluttony, and cigarettes do. Or I can bang 40 different chicks, get em all pregnant, let the state pay for that too. Stupid moronic bull [censored].

And now I'm pissed that they're gonna make it electronic tables, though maybe that would at least open the door. But e-tables are 100% gay. God damn it all to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is a Texan kinda rant. Way to go, son!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:27 PM

i don't think you can smoke then have a lung transplant on taxpayer dollars...
Old 04-03-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think you can smoke then have a lung transplant on taxpayer dollars...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can, it's called Medicaid.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. especially that part about etables being gay.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Another article

Texas, please give me another reason to enjoy living in this state. Hey, if Cali can do it, we sure can.