LAG 3 13.04%
TAG 13 56.52%
Fishy (LP) 0 0%
TP (Rock) 0 0%
sLP 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Everyday occurences/technology that should have been updated long ago

Post things that either shouldn't even happen right now or there should be better/easier ways of achieving the end goal. What about technology that hasn't been updated in years and leaves you wondering, "how is this still the mainstream?"

Mine: I thinking brushing your teeth needs to be updated. I hate the process it has become as well, floss twice a day, sonicare for minutes, rinse with listerine. Now listerine comes out with some pre-rinse that is 1 min. So now I have to spend 1 min pre-rinse, 2 minutes flossing, 2 minutes brushing, 1 minute rinsing. TWICE A DAY. (Note: If you have good genes I suppose this doesn't matter, I apparently have a genetic predisposition to excessive plaque build up and should come into the dentist 3-4 times a year instead of twice. Not kidding he said this to me. I [censored] hate the dentist.)

By now someone smart should have come up with either an appliance you can put in your mouth while you sleep that cleans your teeth or a rinse that you can do 30 seconds every week or something and have clean teeth.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Everyday occurences/technology that should have been updated long

dating
Old 04-04-2007, 01:21 PM

Marriage - I also think this is sort of evolving. We are living longer and smart, good looking, financially secure men realize they don't need to get married. I'm all for the dream utopia of finding a soul mate, but if that doesn't happen, what is the upside to marriage?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:24 PM

From econ background: it increases the likelihood of remaining with one brand because the switching costs are higher.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

the format of how we build roads/highways really needs to be fixed quickly. when you drive an hour each way to/from work you really realize how one spot going from 3 lanes to 2 can add an extra 10 minutes to your drive everyday for no reason.

also, update the ways in which we murder bad drivers. as in we need to do that now.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marriage - I also think this is sort of evolving. We are living longer and smart, good looking, financially secure men realize they don't need to get married. I'm all for the dream utopia of finding a soul mate, but if that doesn't happen, what is the upside to marriage?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine the prospect of having kids (and raising them in a "normal 2-parent environment") is a big motivator for a lot of guys that would otherwise be pretty neutral about marriage.

[ QUOTE ]
the format of how we build roads/highways really needs to be fixed quickly. when you drive an hour each way to/from work you really realize how one spot going from 3 lanes to 2 can add an extra 10 minutes to your drive everyday for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most spots like this were probably engineered when there was only need for 2 lanes at that particular point (and the lane reduction didn't bother the flow of traffic), but traffic volume has increased over the years.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Most spots like this were probably engineered when there was only need for 2 lanes at that particular point (and the lane reduction didn't bother the flow of traffic), but traffic volume has increased over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats kind of my point. building roads that can be easily upgraded to fit the changing needs of the road.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Driving is totally ridiculous: it's incredibly dangerous, dirty, and inefficient (do you really need to start a fire and bring 2000 lbs of metal with you to get groceries from down the street??).

It's always been my dream to replace our system of roads with an extensive system of moving walkways. Obviously some of these would go like 400mph.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine the prospect of having kids (and raising them in a "normal 2-parent environment") is a big motivator for a lot of guys that would otherwise be pretty neutral about marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But if I can't find mrs. right i'm not going to have kids with mrs. pretty good.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM

I'm still upset that the bread aisle in lots of grocery stores don't have any prices. Every other aisle, everything is tagged, ticketed, labeled, priced; then you get to the bread aisle and its complete chaos.

Also, anyone that lives in boston knows this one. they just did away with the coin system in favor of the "updated ticket system." Except on the green line, they open all the doors and make you wade to the front and put in your card. it takes a lot longer because the readers are sucky and temperamental. why can't all the cards work like the mobile speedpass tap type system? why can't i have a little key fob instead of some card.

and making all the cards look identical was genius too.