Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Daily $55 -> Sunday Mil Sats

I just noticed (well - a few hours ago, when I posted this originally...) that Stars now has a daily $55 -> Sunday Mil sat.

I have mixed feelings on this one - I'm thinking it'll reduce the number of people who play the Sunday $55 sat, which will reduce its fishyness... When it gives away 130 seats, it's definitely easier than when it gives away 15...

Am I alone here? Or do people think it's equally juicy? & do you think they'll get a good bunch of runners each night?

OT
Old 04-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Daily $55 -> Sunday Mil Sats

I'm one of those who would much rather have them run every day than once a week. Did they increase the frequency of the $6 super sats too?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:44 PM

Can we have more $4.40's in a day since you are running the $55 every day now? There is two $4.40's a day.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm one of those who would much rather have them run every day than once a week. Did they increase the frequency of the $6 super sats too?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't know about the increase in $6 sats...

Why do you prefer it daily instead of weekly? (my naive view is that having it weekly increases the runners, which makes it easier for me.)
Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Stars,
Please make every tourney with buy-in $55 or less a satellite to something.

Thanks,
Noah
Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Ok, maybe this is just a bad beat or variance whine in response, but I've been salivating at the donkishness of the players I've seen in these. What I've seen so far is HORRENDOUS play. That's good for us 2+2rs with a nice ROI and tourney record right?

But I think due to the Turbo-no rebuy structure, a good player loses his edge. The tourney is over in just over an hour with blinds at 1000/2000 or 1500/3000 and it really moves fast. You've got a multitude of bad players making bad calls.....ok, ok, I realize as I type this that's good, but I've played three of these so far, and in all three, there has been nobody with a positive ROI at my tables (per officialpokerrankings.com) yet I've struggled at best. I've been playing standard satellite bubble poker, but I'm getting the weirdest calls and subsequent bad beats to get knocked out.

Aw nevermind, I'm just whining. They're ubersoft. Go for it....and ignore my sobs as I get knocked out once again by a -58% ROI'r. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (and I know that 3 whole tourneys is a HUGE sample size)
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 PM

I saw last week they did a $70 last chance satellite on Sunday morning. Do they do that every week?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in all three, there has been nobody with a positive ROI at my tables (per officialpokerrankings.com)

[/ QUOTE ]
Could be officialpokerrankings.com is wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in all three, there has been nobody with a positive ROI at my tables (per officialpokerrankings.com)

[/ QUOTE ]
Could be officialpokerrankings.com is wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet, apparently I am better than 99.30% of poker players.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 PM

I like it.. I'm in one right now that gives away 21 seats, which is still plenty.. The one on Sunday right before the Sunday Mill should get the most participants.

Turbo structure is good imo... I don't want to play for 3 hours just to bubble, and people still make tons of mistakes in satellites.. plus if you've played turbo S&G's it's a pretty similar structure.

I also like these for gathering T$ for WSOP Sats..