Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Default donking sucks

Nothing solid, but villain seemed loosish.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls.

I put villain on big cards. Maybe has a T and tries to get tricky with a gs. Hence the raise.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero...

I think itīs safe to say the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] didnīt help him.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: donking sucks

call and c/f river UI?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:49 AM

grunch

is villain betting top pair here? so far we have jack crap and the pot's small. no real rason to draw to our six outs. pitch it.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM

Fold. Even if you assume 6 outs you are not getting the odds in this tiny pot.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Without better reads on this guy your line seems a little spewtacular. I don't see much point in going on with this on the turn. Do you really think he is doing this with AJ or worse? Loose doesn't mean stupid.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM

the raise on the flop is stupid... you have A-high. Just call, fold the turn ui
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM

You haven't hit the flop, so I'm nto a big fan of your raise here. I'd call the flop, and fold the turn when bet into. Villian may be a little loose, but we're only beating a complete bluff.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:21 PM

How are you valuing your outs on the flop?

What percentage of the time do you think villain is donking as a bluff (i.e. with AJ or worse)? If you think that percentage is very high--and I can't see a reason to think that, BTW--then you should call the flop rather than raise.

Depending on villain, the flop can be a call or a fold. Unless villain is a total maniac, I can't come up with a reason to raise it.

As played, you should fold the turn. Even if you'd taken the more sensible line and called the flop you should still fold the turn.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Uh. I'm thinking you are right the 2 probably didn't help him. But it didn't help us either. We are still playing the overcards we probably shouldn't have raised the flop with [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. (dangling prepositions are things I should look out for!) And villain still likes his hand.

I am recommending a fold here.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 PM

I guess i was thinking, if im going to call this, i might as well raise and take a free card. And if heīs bluffing wiht a worse hand, my call wonīt stop him from bluffing again on the turn. Of course one can now state that it didnīt work. But i thought it whould and usually does.